Sunday, October 02, 2011

Another update, this time Spokane



I was looking over my last few blog posts and realized I never posted about my birthday weekend.

We went down to Spokane with B's parents, two of his brothers and their families. It was a lot of fun. I wish I had taken a picture of our hotel room because it was so slanted. Literally slanted. I joked that they should really decorate the room like a Dr. Seuss room. They would be able to get more money for it being a theme room and they wouldn't have to fix the structure of the building. There was one night when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the washroom and as I walked to the washroom I had a serious case of vertigo. It was like I had drank a whole glass of wine.

The first night we were there (which was my birthday) we went to the Spaghetti factory for dinner. It was really yummy and they had put us in the basement with nobody around so it was quiet and quite lovely with 3 kids (two in which are at the walking stage). They had the luxury of walking around as much as they wanted since we were the only ones in this large room. Of course B embarrassed me by getting the server to bring dessert and singing. Red face alert! This is why I usually avoid going out for dinner on my actual birthday. But it was fun and I got to keep the glass I was drinking out of as part of the deal. Didn't have to sneak it out this time ;) Just kidding. Can't say I've ever taken anything from a restaurant.

We followed up dinner by going to a really great store called "World Market". It was awesome! They had everything and anything there that was from different parts of the world. I really enjoyed it there.

On Saturday we started out the day with shopping. After lunch I decided to go back to the hotel and have a quick nap since I was so wiped from the day before with travelling and shopping (shopping takes a lot out of me, I'm not a shopper). After my nap it was dinner time and we met up with everyone at the Outback restaurant. After dinner we did some more shopping(did I tell you this was going to be a shopping trip?) We found a couple of things that we wanted to purchase and did just that. Including finding something to fill the void above our bed. I really like it. I should take a picture of it. That would be smart. hmm...

There, I took a couple of pictures and you didn't even notice the time go by. I like how it compliments the comforter design. I'm such a nerd. Anyways, back to our trip. Each night as we were settling for the evening we would choose a room to socialize in and visit with each other until late in the evening. The next day, Sunday was another shopping day. We went to another district to check out their shopping mall. Than we all headed downtown to the park because they had an event going on called "Pig Out in the Park" where a number of different vendors were set up and you could have your choice of any type of food. I ended up having Chinese food which I hadn't had in a long time. It was really good. We walked around the park and just relaxed. It was a great Sunday afternoon. After our park adventure one of B's brothers and his family headed back to Kelowna. We stayed and continued on with shopping. I was able to find some new clothes for work and B was able to find some new clothes as well. It was a very successful shopping day. We went to Red Lobster for dinner that evening. I had a delicious salmon with lots of broccoli. B and his mom both had an arrangement of crab legs and some other type of fish. After dinner we headed back to the hotel to have a quiet evening. It was wonderful.
The following day we headed back to Kelowna. The trip is a nice drive and I really enjoyed it. Going down we got stuck behind a line up of classic cars, I'm assuming were going to a car show. They were going soooo slow! After passing about 15 of them (all at different times) our journey was more smooth sailing. Going home we didn't run into any classic cars, however, we did get stuck behind one inconsistent driver which became annoying after a while. Finally they turned off and it was back to smooth sailing.
That concludes our Spokane trip. It was a blast and I'm looking forward to it next summer (hopefully).
Until next time
Michelle

1 comment:

white girl said...

I was wondering what you had done for your birthday! Glad you had a great time and made a weekend out of the celebrations! Fun!

Followers