Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thankful for a great trip!

I am hungry. I should make some dinner. It is 6:30 after all. I wish my pretend maid/cook would actually become real and it would magically be made for me. Wouldn't that be nice? Not going to happen. It's not like it's going to be a hard dinner either. I just have to go down to the freezer and pull out some chicken and cook them. Not difficult. Than I have to heat up some corn and we're done. I'm not feeling like any starch today because I had fries earlier in the day. I know, bad, but sometimes you just gotta indulge to remind yourself why you don't.

This past weekend was so much fun. We went to Manitoba for Thanksgiving weekend. It was great! The first day we were there we headed into Brandon (the town I once lived in for 6 years). We went to Humpty's for lunch and met up with my friend Mike and his beautiful wife. We had a great 4 hour visit. Granted that 4 hours was interrupted several times due to people coming up to say hi. After our visit we went for a visit with Ruth-ann (one of my close friends). I finally got to meet her daughter and we had a short but great visit! Than we did a little drive around town and I showed B where I had lived, and where I went to church and that sort of thing. Than we headed to The Green Olive for dinner. It was so nice being back there. B said that all the stories I had told had lived up to what he expected. I was pleased. After dinner we headed back to my mom's place (about an hour outside of Brandon). When we got there we pretty much went straight to bed.

Sunday marked Thanksgiving Day. We didn't get up for church. It was the first time B had the opportunity to sleep in since July so he took advantage of it. It was a great bedside baptist type of day. When my mom got home from church we started preparing things for dinner. I made the yams and that was my only contribution. Not because I didn't offer, but everything else had already been taken care of. After everything was ready we carted it off to my Aunty's house. When we walked in almost everyone was there already. It was so much fun, lots of mocking and goofing around and even a mini-fake food- fight. (Throwing the fake apples). It was a very yummy dinner. So many different things that ended up complimenting each other very nicely.

Monday was a lazy day. We slept in and then just lazed around. We watched a movie and then headed over to one of the neighbours house where B went horse back riding. He really enjoyed it. He said that the country side they went down was beautiful and that the changing of colours was awesome! He said, "I can see the attraction to this part of the country". While he was out horseback riding I went over to my Aunts house and had a fun visit. After B was done horseback riding we (my mom and I) went to pick him up. Than we went back to my mom's house and continued into the evening watching movies.

Tuesday we woke up a little later than we expected. We were about half hour off schedule. But we were in the country and what is time anyways. We met up with my mom and Aunt and went down to the local Subway for a quick bite to eat before we headed back to Winnipeg. (They just got the Subway and it's a very big deal! It's about a 15 min drive from my mom's place.) After our lunch we did our goodbyes and then we headed into Winnipeg. We had a couple of hours before we had to be at the airport so we headed down to The Forks and walked around the market and the river. It was a really nice day and it was perfect for walking around. Shortly after our walk was done we headed towards the airport and said goodbye to Manitoba, hopefully we will go for a visit again soon.

Until next time
Michelle.

1 comment:

White Girl said...

Glad you had a great weekend!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Followers