Monday, August 08, 2011

Swinging on a swing


Today I am feeling hopeful :) We had an awesome anniversary yesterday. We went for an hour and a half massage. Following our massage we went for dinner at a really nice restaurant where we both shared some appetizers (our appetites weren't that large). We shared some mussels, a caesar salad with salmon, some tostitos and then had a lovely dessert of white and chocolate mousse. Soo very yummy. Than we decided to come home and rent a movie on the apple TV. My choice ended up not being the best choice. It was a terrible movie that just kept going and going and we both lost interest within the first 20 minutes. We were both hoping it would turn around and become good but to no avail. It was an Adam Sandler movie so we thought it was a safe choice in being funny. Nope. I was wrong! The movie title is "Funny Guys". Yeah deceiving for sure! It was not funny! Anyways it kind of gave us an excuse to not pay attention to the movie and talk to one another instead.

Today B took the car with him to work. I'm kind of wishing that I had driven him to work because I'm feeling a little stuck at home today. I wouldn't mind going and getting a little social today. I guess I'll socialize with my very strange and crazy bird.

Inigo update: He found his swing! He's always known about it but has been scared to try it out. Well the other day I noticed him perched up on the side of the cage with one foot on the swing and he was pushing it. I knew it would only be a matter of time before he actually went on it. Well yesterday B yelled out, "LOOK" and I looked at his finger which pointed at Inigo's cage and he was swinging on his swing like it was no big deal. He seemed quite content. It was actually really cute.

Here is a link to a song that I heard the other day, it brought me some joy and a few tears. I know it's an older song, but it has a message for me today and hopefully it may bring you some sort of comfort to you too.

http://youtu.be/vaEEEPU2MgA
(just copy and paste in your web browser)


Until Next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers