Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beautiful Summer day

(One of the tulips from our garden)


Hello everyone. I don't have much to update on. I guess I could talk about yesterday. It was a good day. I started by waking up at 5:30am! What is that about body? It's summer time, don't you know you're allowed to sleep in. I think it's because I was anxious about going to daycamp and feared sleeping through my alarm. So I got ready and went to Daycamp for 8:45 and met with the little guy that I work with. I talked to his teacher and got settled in. We started the day off with 15 minutes of free time while we waited for everyone to show up. Than we went outside and played two games. Kick the can(which to B's amazement I had never played before) and then sardines. It was so much fun! Than we went back inside for a snack then we went back outside and played 5 or 6 rounds of capture the flag. SO AWESOME!!! We came back inside after and they had their choice to go build forts or to play with puppets, beads or colour. My client chose the puppets and created a puppet show! So cute! Than it was lunch time and my time to depart. It was such a good time and I'm so glad I was able to go!

Then I came home and I talked to my BF (best friend) from Brandon, Ruth ann. We talked for an hour and she told me her great news! (She's expecting in February). But Michelle you're suppose to get all crazy jealous and sad and pouty after hearing this news, right? It's weird in the last couple of days I've just had a real peace about the things going on. I've surrendered everything to my Father in heaven and I've joined a support group and it's doing wonders! I feel like my old self. My head isn't as cloudy and my thoughts are clear. It's been a long time since I've had this feeling! I'm actually feeling good!

After my phone call with my dear friend I went to the beach to catch up with my Dad and Sheila. It was a great visit! We sat and watched people put their boats in the water. They told me many funny stories of this from the day before. People are funny to watch when they're trying to take their boat out of the water. We also watched a bird dive into the water over and over and witnessed him actually catch fish. It was really neat. I can see why that's their favourite place to go to relax. Lots of people watching opportunity, it's quiet(not saturated in tourists), it's shady so you have the enjoyment of the sun but don't roast, and it had an amazing view of the lake. So many good things!

Then a storm rolled in. And what a doozy! There was thunder and lightening for over 4 hours. It was pretty! There was one rumble of thunder that shook the house and apparently a lot of people had flickering electricity. The lightening brightened up the room many times. So bright and many forks. It was cool!

While the storm proceeded I had the evening to myself. I came home and surfed the net and watched SoYouThinkYouCanDance finale and I'm really looking forward to tonight where they reveal the winner. My gut says it's going to be Melanie, but we'll have to wait and see. I hope it's her, she reminds me so much of my sister in law and I just think she's so cute. I also watched America's got talent. I wasn't surprised who got through and who was eliminated. I am, however, thankful for PVR cause I was able to watch both shows in the time it would take to watch one by passing all the commercials! Such a luxury!

Then B came home (he had been at a work summer party for staff only). We had a great visit and then headed to bed. By the time my head hit the pillow I'm sure I was already asleep. I had been up for almost 20 hours. (That's a long time!)

That's about all that's going on in my life today...well yesterday. I'm looking forward to see what today brings.
Until next time,
Michelle

No comments:

Followers