Monday, August 15, 2011

All about Inigo

This last week Inigo found his swing as mentioned before. He is so funny. I will take his cage cover off in the morning and he will be on his swing. Not just on his swing but hunched as low as possible because he's still afraid of it. I am so proud of him trying to overcome his fears. The other day I witnessed him push the swing with his beak, but I guess that wasn't enough, so he pulled it as far as it would go and he let go and while it swang wildly he jumped on it and went for a ride. Such a funny little guy.

Now not every day is a good day with this little guy. The other day we came home to an empty cage. (He never leaves it so leaving the door open is not a risk really). However we came home to his cage being empty. We both (B and I) searched the house high and low. We had our flashlights out because the downstairs part that hasn't been finished yet doesn't have the lights hooked up. After an hour of searching, B finally found him. He had made his way downstairs, into the back room and was sitting in the corner on top of a carpet roll. He seemed a little freaked out and I brought him upstairs right away (he bit me a few times) and put him back in his cage. It's 3 days later and he's only left his home once (and that's because I spooked him by cleaning around him).

He's such a funny little guy. I'm so glad he's come into our lives. Silly to say I know, but he's brought me a lot of laughs. My sister keeps saying we should have named him Tony Hawk because he's always doing tricks. I told her we should have named him, The hawk! Drop the Tony...haha. Oh hind sight.



Little Inigo...welcome to the family!
Michelle

2 comments:

white girl said...

Naughty Tony Hawk! haha

Is he still throwing things out of his cage? He's such a funny bird.

Michelle said...

Yes he loves doing that. It's a daily sweep around his cage to clean it all up. He gets upset when I sweep it away...I think it is his art work. Such a funny guy.

Today he is very talkative and is sitting on his door, kind of crouched down but talking non-stop for at least 1/2 hour now. haha. He's got a story to tell! I should let him do a blog post :)

I tried uploading a video of him onto my blog but it didn't work. Mabye someday :)

Followers