Sunday, August 21, 2011

Crib anyone?

The weekend has been an eventful one. Lets see, Friday...I can't really remember. Oh yeah now I remember. First thing in the morning I went for a walk with Mare Bear. (My awesome mother in law)! Than I came home and I had a nap. After I woke up I realized I was going to have the entire evening to myself since B was at a golf tournament that was going to go late. What to do with myself I asked. I'm going to go see the movie, "The Help". And I did. By myself. It was a nice little date. I bought the candy that I like, mint aero balls, and a soda and went and got comfy in a corner. I didn't realize that it's a 2 1/2 hour movie. If I had I would have positioned myself closer to the aisle (small bladder). Sure enough about an hour and a half into the movie I couldn't hold it any more and decided I would have to be rude and make the 4 older people in my aisle let me out. This was no easy feat. The one man didn't move at all and I ended up literally climbing over him. (Awkward as I bumped the seat infront of me and got a mean nasty glare). Sorry, he won't move! After I returned I stood at the back of the theatre and watched until a transition part in the movie. Before I returned to my seat I looked around to see if there was an easy assessable seat to have. I couldn't find one. So as soon as my transition part came in the movie I made my way back to my seat. Content and comfortable once again I was able to enjoy the movie. It was soo good! I really enjoyed it! I am now looking for a copy of the book because now I want to read it. I know this is a little backwards, most people read the book first and then watch the movie. But in this case I'm thinking it's best to do it backwards as I have gathered from what people have said. "The movie is good but the book is better!" Isn't this always the case? You just can't get all the details of the book squished into a tiny time frame.

Saturday marked going to camp day. Not camping day. We just went down to Green Bay Bible camp to see some friends who were staying there. We arrived shortly before noon (we had plans to go for lunch at 12:30). The four of them played crib while I watched (I had never played before so I wanted to watch to learn). After they played 2 rounds we went for lunch. We went and had yummy sushi! After lunch we stopped at starbucks and got some yummy drinks. I tried the blended lemonade thing with passion fruit. It was soo good! I told B that I have a new favourite. Thank goodness I get free starbucks gift cards so I can indulge in this guilty pleasure without the guilty debt.

When we got back to the camp I watched them play the tie breaker game. The boys ended up winning. While they played I played on the side just to see if I had properly understood the game. A while later B and I played one round of crib. It was my first official game. I was a little nervous and didn't know counting to 15 was going to be so difficult. Well on the second or third hand I had been dealt I had the most amazing hand! It got everyone's attention. In my hand I had a 3, a 8, three 5's and a Jack. I tossed the 3 and the 8. Then the deck was cut in half and the card that flipped over was a 5. At the end of the round I had a 28 point hand. Pretty big deal apparently. Funny thing is through the whole round I was like, I think I made the right choice in getting rid of the 3 and 8. I doubted myself a little and didn't realize how big of a deal it was. "Beginners luck" B chimed. Dave (our friend, the one that married us) said, you might just want to stop and get a lottery ticket on the way home...or skip that, just tell me the numbers you have in your head.

That brings us to today. Sunday. It's been a good day. B slept in. I was up by 7 because my body doesn't let me sleep in during the summer apparently. After a slow start to the day B started doing yard work. More yard work. And even more yard work. Than we made a quick trip to home depot and picked up a few things for the yard as well as a patio set! It was on 50% off and the type of style we have been looking for. We couldn't pass it up. So be bought it! I am excited to get it set up and possibly have a couple of dinners out on the deck before the summer is over.

Well, that brings me to the current moment and B's still working outside on the yard and I am about to get dinner started! (We're having tacos!)

Until next time
Michelle

No comments:

Followers