Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring has sprung

Today is Thursday. Only 4 1/2 more days of spring break and then I head back to work. I am actually looking forward to the new kids that I will be working with and learning a whole new bag of tricks. A little tricky but so rewarding when you figure out each childs quirks (because we all know they all have some).

My sister and her kids moved in with us last week. It's a learning curve on it's own and so exciting and fun. It's one full house now. Lots of excitement and noise..haha.

I am so excited that there are flowers actually popping out of the ground in my gardens (I have 3 gardens in the front yard). Which means I planted the bulbs the right way. Something I was wondering if I did correctly over the winter. But now that they are actually sprouting is exciting. I hope they all survived the very long, drawn out winter. I am going out this afternoon to get some soil and some flowers that only last through the summer...the non-bulb type. Don't ask me what they are called but they are like pansy's. Weird...I'm taking after my dad. He is the flower man.

It's funny this is something I bug B about because before we were married he had one plant that was barely hanging on. After we got married he started collecting plants and flowers. I bugged him that he was starting to take after my dad. "I've married my father" I would shout! After he brought his 10th flower home from the store. Our patio was full of flowers last summer. And now that we live in a house we have so much more room to expand our flower garden...the only thing is this year I have the flower bug.

Well, until next time
Happy Spring! -new life new beginnings-
Michelle

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Woo hoo...Michelle is developing a "Gree Thumb".
Secret......remember to water the plants often.

Followers