Sunday, April 17, 2011

New member of the family

Hi, this new week we have a new addition to our family. He's cute and sweet and really shy. He's a budgie and sooo cute. The kids love him and and I think my sister and her husband like him too :) He's white with a little bit of lavender under his chin and wings. So cute. His name is Inigo (some may recognize this name from the movie The Princess Bride-my favourite movie of all time). We named him this because of his colouring (the indigo under his wings) as well as the name from the movie. He seems to have the personality of Inigo from the movie as well, shy, sweet, a good swordsman. I think we overwhelmed his this week with all the love we wanted him to feel, so we'll take the next couple of weeks to back off and allow him to come to us. I think this may be where some of his anxiety of leaving his cage is coming from. Today, we backed off and he was more willing to come out of his cage and explore. I was reading online that for the first couple of weeks there should only be one handler in order not to overwhelm them in your home. Oops...I guess 6 sets of hand wasn't good then.

My Dad came to town to visit! It's been so long since I've seen him last so I needed to put a shout out on here for him!! Hopefully we will get to see him one more time before he leaves to go back to snowville...oops I mean Alberta. I was very happy to show him my garden even though there are a couple of plants that will be repositioned tomorrow. They went through some trauma and it shows, so they will be placed in a barrel(where no one will see them until they come back to life) and in their place will be new ones so the unknowing onlooker will no nothing happened.

I am really excited about having a garden as I've posted before. I am so happy spring has finally showed it's face (except for the weird weather we had today). I went out for my first jog yesterday and I went again today. Except I think I should have gone for a second one today because I had some chocolate and I'm pretty sure that just undid what I jogged for. I've decided that I can't wait for others any more. I just have to get out there and do what I need to do. Plus I find "angry" music really motivates me to run faster. Also the black eyed peas are fun to run to as well.

I don't know if it's the medication I'm on or the running that has caused this weird taste in my mouth. It's gross though, I don't know how to explain it but it comes and goes..hence the chocolate today. I didn't even really want the chocolate I just wanted this taste to go away...yes I guess I could have brushed my teeth for the 3rd time but really?! Just weird.

Wow, I'm rambly today. Well, until next time
M.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Where are the baby pictures? Thank you for sending your dad back home :)

Followers