Friday, April 22, 2011

The world can't see how black and blue I am...because that would be inappropriate

Hello, and welcome to this hardly ever updated anymore blog. What is with me you ask? Why the lack of updates? Well, I got a new hobby. After losing our baby I started down a sad road for a bit, and then I decided I needed a new hobby, so I took up running. Well, I can't really call it running per say. Instead it's like 2 minutes one minute. Anyone from the running world will know what I'm talking about. It's when you run for two minutes walk for one minute. I time myself with light posts and it's actually quite fun! I've also started doing Jillian Micheals' work out video and she makes me sweat quite a bit. I frequently yell at the screen, "I hate you Jillian" or "I really don't like you right now". She, still quite perky, continues to cheer me on. It's a fun road and I am loving that my sister is here going through it with me. My favourite time was when we went for a run/walk together and every time my sister would bring up food I would make her run. It was awesome!

On Tuesday I went rollerblading with Becky and I forgot about the hills in her neck of the woods. I foolishly agreed to go anyways and the first big hill that came my way I bailed. I bailed hard. I could tell I was losing my balance and so looked for the safest place to fall. I looked to my right, sharp rocks, not going there. Looked to my left grass....ooooh...not going to make it...so I fell right where I was. On the cement. I landed and Becky came over and asked if I was ok. "I think I'm just going to sit here for a while" was my reply. And I did. I wanted to just get up and go back but we continued on. Linking arms so that we would go down together, luckily that fate didn't come to be. I had a hard time sitting for the next couple of days. It was very painful in fact. And not until yesterday when I looked to see if any form of bruising had indeed formed (for the first 2 days there was nothing so I just seemed like a big o'l baby) and when I looked yesterday there was not just one large bruise, but 6! They are big and nasty and I feel they are my war wounds. So worth it!!!! I'm so hardcore, except I can't show anyone but my hubby. haha. But believe me, they're big and black and one is red. It's so cool!! I look like I have a world map on my butt!!!

I know I promised to load up pictures of Inigo (our bird) but I have to just get the batteries on the camera to work again and then I can take a picture and then load it. Sorry for the delay. But they are coming. Hopefully this weekend :)

Happy Easter everyone!! Now to go planting in my garden...I have 2 flowers that didn't make it through the hail storm and cold weather...so I must replant them in another can and hope they come back..and in their place I will put some new ones that don't look so sad.

Until next time
Michelle

No comments:

Followers