Monday, December 20, 2010

The never ending Weekend

Manic Mondays are always so much fun. This morning I headed to the mall to do my 2nd to last shopping trip for Christmas. When I arrived the stores were all still closed. Forgetting that they didn't open until 10 I was a lost wanderer for about 20 minutes. Once the stores opened, I went to the one that I went there for and then headed back to my car. In the adventurous mood that I was in I headed in the long way back to my car (remember I'm the kind of girl that HATES shopping and I willingly went the long way) and I'm glad I did because I came across a new store that had just opened in the mall on Friday and it's all about tea! I was super excited and went in and discovered a gift for that hard to buy for person on my list. I left the mall a happy customer and my shopping list became one person less than I was expecting and I was in the mall for a mere 40 minutes (that includes the 20 minutes of wandering). Not too shabby. Than I headed off to an appointment and then headed home to meet with the people who are going to be cleaning out the vents in our home. The previous owners had a dog and we just want to make sure there are no traces of the dog left. We don't have anything against dogs, but we have family members who have allergies and in order to make them comfortable in our home we will do what we can to make it an allergy free zone.

I can't believe it's only 5 days until Christmas! Can you believe it? We are having our first of three Christmas' on Wednesday, our second on Saturday and our third on the 30th. I am very excited and can't wait for people to open their gifts. That's one of my favourite parts, I love watching the person's face when they open their gifts.

Well, that's about all there is to update you on....oh wait, I had a weekend that wasn't updated...Ok, here's the long/short story. It's a long story but I'm going to wrap it up in a 30 second read. Ready....set......go! (this means read the next little bit as fast you as you can!)

Friday: I woke up at 5:40 talked to my sister on Skype, she baked, I did my hair...why did I do my hair so early? Because B's Christmas party was that evening and I didn't have time to get ready between work and the party. That night ended at midnight and I won the prize for playing the DJ bingo game at the party. That's another story: Ran into our friends Katrina and her bf Daniel. They were playing the game hardcore (had to guess 5 songs the DJ would play throughout the night, once he plays all 5 of your songs, you run up and get a prize). So by 11 o'clock with no winners yet (the game started at 8) cheating started. So Daniel was using me for my vast amount of knowledge on song titles and we ended up winning one of the prizes! Shameful I know, but I have a weird penguin thing to remind me of this night (Daniel and Katrina didn't want the prize they just wanted to know that they won..haha).
That night I laid my head on my pillow at 1am.

Saturday: Wake up at 7:50am. Get ready (luckily I only needed to fix two curls and then I could keep my hairstyle from the day before), tidy up the house and head over to B's parents house for our niece's 2nd birthday party. After the birthday party we headed back here and cleaned and re-arranged a few things. Than we had my brother, his wife, her brother, B's brother, his wife, their daughter, and B's parents over. After the tour we all decided what we were going to do about the dinner thing and ordered sushi. Unfortunately B's parents and brother's family were not able to stay and they went home before the sushi arrived. Than Cameron and B worked on some electrical work that needed to done because one of the light switches was a little confused. When the light switch was on the outlets in the room wouldn't work and when the light was off the outlets would work....so Cameron fixed that and installed a couple more outlets. YAY!!

Sunday: Went to church, sort of. We didn't make it into the sanctuary but we did socialize in the foyer. Then we went out for lunch with B's parents. We did a little shopping after lunch and then headed home and I had a nap and then woke up and then didn't do much of anything.

The weekend update...I think that would take longer than 30 seconds to read. Sorry, my bad.
Until next time,
Michelle

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Wow I am exhausted from reading about your life. I need a nap now.

Enjoy your holidays..no work woo hoo

Followers