Thursday, December 23, 2010

All in a day

Whew, what a day. I woke up at about 8:30 and started my day. Within the first 2 hours of being awake I made: Ambrosia salad, jello, after eight cheesecake, midnight mint squares and chocolate rice krispie squares. Then my mom and I went out and did a bit of grocery shopping, went for a quick bite to eat in a really quaint restaurant and then did a bit more grocery shopping, stopped in at a friends house, had tea with them, grieved with them for a while (as we were there they received a phone call telling them some friends of theirs had passed away last night on the way from church in a car accident. This is incredibly sad and I ask you to pray for this family. They had another loss in September, where their son passed away, now the parents and there are other children left behind. This is going to be a very sad Christmas for them! My heart breaks for them.

After our visit we came back to our house and started preparing dinner. Cam and Becky came over and stupid skype wasn't working! We had plans to skype my sister and her family to share in their experience of opening gifts. Alas stupid internet interrupted our awesome plans. As soon as Cam and Becky arrived we had dinner. It was laid out as follows:

Starter: Caesar salad, bread with balsamic vinegar and oil, shrimp ring

Main: Lobster tails (all I could hear was "Lobster killer" as I boiled them), Teryaki steak, Ambrosia salad, jello, yams, veggies, stuffing, and rice pilaf.

Dessert: An assortment of squares and cookies. Which included, moose balls (a family favourite), peanut butter marshmallow square, chocolate rice krispie square, chocolate peanut butter balls, shortbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, after eight cheesecake, midnight mint squares, and brownies.

All in all we all left full and there is so many left overs. And another plus was that we got our bbq set up on the balcony. Oh yeah, and I shovelled the driveway today too. Needless to say, it's one am and I'm so tired. Off to bed I go!

Love
Michelle

No comments:

Followers