Thursday, April 03, 2008

Time for a change.

Hey there. Yesterday I kind of lost my temper a bit. I've pretty much had it at the restaurant that I'm working at. It's pretty freakin' retarded there. You see they base your hours of work on your average check. (The average amount each person spends). Well if someone at your table uses a coupon it brings your average down. (Not your fault but you're as a server punished hour wise because your average is down). Also a table full of children brings your average down because kids meals are a lot cheaper. And then the crack babies(known as managers) expect your average to be high when they only put you on lunch shifts. Um...last I checked not many people drink alcohol drinks at lunch time(which is an awesome way of bringing up your average check). I don't think that the system that they use is very effective or right. If you've hired me as full time I expect to be working fulltime. Look at my job performance...do I work hard?? I'm obviously trying to upsell the crap but if someone comes in with 25 dollars it's pretty much impossible to make them spend 30. You know what I'm saying?? Ahhhh I'm just so frustrated because last night, I like every other server, cheated on one of my bills saying there was only 1 person at the table instead of 2 making my average go up slightly. Well, I got pulled into the office because I was a cheater. I'm sorry...but look at everyone else too!! It's not just me...it's EVERYONE!!!!!!!! Why because we were hired to work and we all want the hours that we were hired for!
Needless to say I'm going job hunting today. I'm so tired of this petty crap. The management has gone down hill so fast. They're pretty imature and they don't give a rip about the staff at all. Since coming back it's gotten a lot worse. I didn't think it was possible. They change the schedule without telling anyone and then the staff get written up when they don't show up for the shift they didn't know they had. Where is the logic there???? I was thinking of trying to tough it out for the next 5 months until I start my new job(photography) and school but I don't think I want to put myself through this unneeded split shift stress for any longer. I'm sick of complaining about it and ready to take action.
Enough about work. I'm going down to the school today to enroll in my class. It's going to be a busy day. I'm excited about it. I'm also really excited that I was able to get some new under garments from a regular store!!!! That was sooo exciting. I kept telling the girl at the desk how excited I was and she really didn't care. haha. But it's been so long since I was able to buy a bra at a regular store because my size was never available...but since coming back from the Middle East I can shop wherever I want!!!! Woooooo hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
That was my random happiness of the day!!!! I also like to drive around with my hood and sunglasses on. It makes me feel a little secretive. haha. I pretend that I'm an undercover someone...haha. I'm sure anyone who notices me thinks I'm a total freak...but it's my new game I play with myself while in the car. Good times.
That's about all I have to say for now. Until next time....Michelle.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Come work for me........we have fun at our restaurant.

Followers