Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekend!


Wow, I have a huge bruise, it's actually a cluster of 7 bruises on my shin on my left leg. They were all accumulated today at work. No it wasn't any of the kids I was working with. The actual culprit was myself, well sort of. It was the two metal buttons on the side of my pants. Every time I crossed my legs, or crawled on the floor these two buttons would push into my flesh, bursting the blood vessels and creating hematomas. Hence a bruise cluster. But I have to tell you it was one of the most fun ways to get them. I really am enjoying my new schedule. I am loving the learning of new ways of doing things. What worked for kid A doesn't necessarily work for kid B and therefore learning a new way of teaching is required. I love this! It gets my creative thinking on the go and I love being creative. Don't get me wrong though, it's exhausting! Always having to be "on". Just think, it's like teaching but always having a back up plan, and then a back up plan for your back up plan. You are always thinking and also thinking of how can I make this easier to learn for this child, what way does this child learn best, visual/oral/textural etc. Also knowing, what works for this child, how can I make this lesson more fun to learn, how do I keep it interesting for myself so it doesn't get stale. It's tiring, but I LOVE it!

Anyways, enough about work. B says I talk about work all the time. I can't seem to help it. I mean to only say one little thing and suddenly I notice that I've actually spilled about a novels worth of information to someone who may not have cared about the little thing. Oops. I guess it's a wee bit narcissistic of me. I sometimes think, I care so much about these little people that I forget that not everyone is involved and they don't necessarily have the same passion as I.

I am excited for this weekend. I am going to be painting a few pictures to hang in the dining room. I am going to be using my new elliptical trainer that I bought off of castanet (I am such a castanet junkie) (It's a local online newspaper and has classifieds and I am a junkie to that section..I'll make a list of the things I've bought off of it and you will be impressed!) I am also going to make some banana muffins (I know a huge project but I will conquer it!) I'm also noticing today that I like brackets. Just a tid for tat for you. I believe that's all I'm going to be doing this weekend. I am excited for it and can't believe it's the weekend already. I really believe that snow day broke things up and gave such a breath of fresh air. Now it's time to buckle down and maybe even hang some more photo frames up around the house.

Ok, as promised, my shopping adventures from Castanet and kijiji have helped me to score:

A sleigh bed frame for $100
4 new appliances (fridge/stove/microwave/dishwasher) (one year old) $1100
Elliptical trainer $50 (only used once)
A convectional oven $400
Deep Freezer $Free
(This is a picture of part of the bed frame..the headboard got cut out...but it's basically the same as the foot board, but higher) I think that's the complete list. I may have to update again to correct any mistakes I may have made. Well until next time
Michelle

3 comments:

white girl said...

Score on the castanet finds! You are a deal hound! Awesome :)
Post pictures of the elliptical!

Sheila said...

You scored big!! Way to go girl!!!Can u find me a new house? Oh wait I have to sell mine 1st :(

Michelle said...

Sheila, I have found a condo for you here in ;) haha.

I will post pictures of the elliptical soon. I am such a castanet junkie!!!

Followers