Saturday, March 13, 2010

Warning: Upset words

Here I am on a Saturday night, feeling extremely frustrated! My husband is not here for me to vent to so I will turn to my blog and let er go. Today we had an extremely productive day. We cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. Which was one of the things on my to do list today. Then I picked out the photo's for our Thank you cards...I know I know it's been how long since our wedding and they're not out yet? We waited for 7 months to get our photo's and now that we have them it took us a while to stop procrastinating and pick some that we want to send out with the Thank you's. The thank you notes themselves are written up...we just need to add a photo or two and mail them out. (So that was thing number 2 on the to do list). Let's put a check mark next to that one ok? Then order of business number 3 get our wedding photo's printed so I can actually put them in an album = enter my frustration.

I took them in and straight up asked the girl if they would be done in an hour. She assured me that they would. I got really excited and told her that I was excited to get them into an album tonight...she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "You know there's almost 600 right?" and I told her that they were wedding and honeymoon pictures and I was so excited that I would stay up all night. So again she re-assured me that they would be ready. So I walked, I walked and I walked and I walked for an hour. I went back and asked if they were ready. "Not quite yet, another 10 minutes, there's just a paper jam". Having worked in a store where I had to deal with that myself I understood. So again I walked, and came back 15 minutes later. She explained to me that she can't get the machine to work and that she was ready to cry. I understand that feeling too, however when I suggested that she call someone she said she didn't have any numbers to call. Then I suggested that she call a manager and she replied, "they probably won't know what to do, I'm going to have a breakdown". So I suggested that she call the company that the machine belongs to (Kodak - they have a help call line for just this sort of thing). Her response - "They'll just tell me the same thing the machine is telling me" Then she kept telling me how she was going to cry, have a meltdown, this sucks, what time is it, another 2 hours of this?! and on and on. I was upset that I wasted an hour and a half of a Saturday night waiting for something that I was told I would have to be faced with some emotionally unbalanced unprofessional girl. I know what it's like to be in that position so a part of me is on her side and I want to cry along with her, but another part of me says, when I was in that position I wasn't above asking for help. It's a fixable problem. It's not something to meltdown over. I will be going in there tomorrow to pick up my pictures and once I have them in hand (at a discounted price) I will be happy once again.

I don't know why I'm so upset about it. Maybe because I had my heart set on it. Like so excited! Having skipped dinner could also be a factor. Being so tired from having a stuffed nose and a cough could also be a factor.

Sorry this isn't the normal blog update, welcome to my dark side.

2 comments:

white girl said...

You get the pictures at a discounted price, though! Did you at least get to walk around for an hour and a half with your sweetie?

I'm sorry that you were disappointed. :( That really stinks.

Dear photo shop girl,
suck it up
do your job
don't whine to the customers
customers should not be problem solving for you

B.rantone said...

Pics were ready to go when we got there, and she was assertive when asking for a discount due to the inconvenices ... which she did: 25% off!! Yipee!! So proud of her!

Followers