Friday, March 19, 2010

Back by a lot of hounding from my husband to update

Hello, just to let you know, I'm not dead. I've just been really busy. I am so happy to report that my new job is amazing! I love it so much. I work with about 20 kids all around the age 5 or 6. They are such fun little people. I can't tell you how many times I've played Monopoly in the last 2 weeks, but let's just say the board has come out at least twice a day with multiple games played each time. This is because the attention span or interest dies out quickly with 5 year olds and they want to move on...but before you can pack up the board there's another group that wants a turn playing...so there I would sit for long periods of time playing monopoly. It was also so much fun because each time the rules some how changed. I found it to be so entertaining and interesting to watch them each come up with their own strategies. And yes there were a few tears shed (not all mine mind you).

We also have outside time a couple times a da
y and had so much fun playing endless tag, pushing children on swings and playing soccer. At one time I was participating in all three. It was funny, entertaining and I fell on my knees at one point after doing an under-duck and laughed and laughed at my body giving up. It was a great time. I can't believe I get paid to play all day. However, it's those moments of "fixing" a problem that I remember why I'm there. Yes we are there to have a great time (and because it's spring break it's a lot more relaxed than normal) but we have to make sure that everyone is having a great time. So there were some "sit out
" times that had to be appointed. And yes Dawn I sometimes was the one that had to do it. It was heartbreaking but it was also necessary. By the end of the first two weeks I'm feeling much more confident and even had the opportunity to lead the class for a day. I was able to take charge and there weren't that many issues to work out. I really enjoyed it.

My favourite thing was listening to the kids talk. They would say the funniest things and every day I was laughing about something one of them said. There was one day I wore my hair down and the boys oohed and ahhed over it and asked me if I was going to a wedding or if I was going to marry one of them. haha. It was so funny...I bro
ke a few hearts when I told them that I was already married. One of the little girls really wanted my wedding ring and when I told her that it was stuck on my finger forever she tried and tried to peel it off with no success. She turned away and said, "It really is stuck on there forever". haha. I love it. What funny little people.

Next week I start my other job. I am really look
ing forward to it to start as well. I love working with children with special needs. It's definitely my calling and I'm so excited to start in the field. I have my shadow shifts this next week with the possibility of being called in to my other job in the afternoon...this may be why I'm slow to update my blog....but once my schedule is a little more definite it will be easier to adjust my blog update times to be more frequent. This Sunday afternoon I also have an interview to help a lady out with respite. For those of you who do not know what this is, it's for families who have a child with special needs. They have a little bit of funding towards this which gives the parents a break. Anyways, we are meeting on Sunday to see if I am a good match for her daughter. If I am this position would be on occas
ion...say once or twice a month.

So yeah, this is what's going on in my life right now. I love it. I feel busy yet I am excited to go to work. I love my days being full. However my body
is not use to it and it tires quickly. I just tell it to suck it up because my brain is just a raring to go.

Until next time (I don't know when that will be)
Michelle.

2 comments:

white girl said...

Yay! You updated!

I'm so proud of you, and so happy that you are able to work out the great creation that you are in your workplace. :) I love you!

Anonymous said...

Understandably your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats high to you enter, choice look audacious for the duration of more related articles in a jiffy as its sole of my pet subject-matter to read.

Followers