Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Update Central

Hello, sorry I took until now to update. I left you hanging and that's just not fair. However, I sat here and stared at the blank screen wondering what it was again that I had to say. Nothing really came to mind. But now I remember what it was. I was going to catch you up on Sunday and Monday's activities. And now that Tuesday is over and pretty much nothing happened I think I'll throw in today's events too.

Sunday was a fun day. B and I headed off to church. After which they had cake and although it was very tempting I was able to withhold my temptation. After church we went straight to the grocery store and picked up some fruit and soda for the Olympic Hockey game. Cam and Becky and Darrel and Amy came over to take in the event together. It was a lot of fun and I called the game again. I told B they are going to score again (that was when the score was 2 - 1 for Canada). Within the last 20 seconds of the game the USA scored tying up the game. I had to give my dear hubby a quick pep talk reminding him that I said that Canada has one more to score yet in order to make my prediction correct. And wouldn't you know it they did! It took them 7 1/2 agonizing minutes, but they did it. We all cheered and there was much rejoicing.

While we watched the game we filled our bellies with chocolate fondue. It was made with Toblerone chocolate and it was yummy. I found myself not always dipping my fruit in chocolate but eating it plain. It was so good.

After the game was the closing ceremonies and that was really fun to watch. I enjoyed the speech by the first dude, but did not enjoy the "I'm sorry" speech done by the Home Alone mom. That was brutal and I had the urge to apologize for putting the world watching through that. haha...I am truly Canadian. The concert done by Nickelback was great! I loved the pyro-techno's. The entire room groaned when they announced that Avril was performing. Kind of funny in a way. All in all it was a great afternoon/evening.

Monday Update I told you I would update you on Monday about my new job. I went in and filled out some paperwork and then read the manual. When I went in it was 12:30. When I left it was 2:10. I was so shocked by the time when I left because it seriously felt like it had only been 1/2 an hour. I called B to see if he still wanted to do lunch and he said that he was already eating b/c he thought I would have been there already...that's when I looked at the time and was no longer surprised that he would eat before I got there. So I turned around and went home (with a quick detour to the dance studio to pick up a schedule). My new job wants me to do a shadow shift this week sometime. I can pick which day, and I think it will be on Thursday. It's just an afternoon shift this time. Than I actually start work during spring break. I am so stoked!

Tuesday update: It was house cleaning day, and unfortunately I still have to clean the kitchen and do the laundry so that wasn't very successful. I also want to get the spring cleaning done in the next week or so. That is all. Until next time. Michelle

1 comment:

B.rantone said...

Love you!

Followers