Saturday, March 20, 2010

A very fulfilling Saturday


So today has been fun. I woke up to the sound of our door buzzer. With that sound I jumped out of bed and shouted, "They're here!" With that I quickly jolted to the washroom and started my morning routine, skipping the shower because now there was just no time. I threw myself together as quickly as I could and grabbed my jacket, threw on some flip flops (it is the first day of spring tomorrow after all) and ran down the stairs.

We had made plans yesterday with a couple of friends of ours to go for breakfast this morning to the Jammery. A yummy little place that has all you can eat Belgian waffles. We had planned to carpool and here they were right on time. I had woken up sooner with the time being shortly after 7am. Knowing that I still had quite some time I fell back asleep. I hate when that happens.

The Jammery was delicious. It never fails to imp
ress. I had one and a half waffles. The first one with 4 berries jam on top and the second topped with peach jam. So good! I also met my friends' brother for the first time and I'm sure we made a questionable impression on him. haha. Good times.

After breakfast we headed to B's grandparents house. We had a nice visit with them and his one aunt who was also there. There were many laughs, serious conversations and Grandma's tea. It was great! When 3 o'clock rolled around we decided it was about time to depart and went to our local Costco and walked around. Taking in the sights and laughing and just horsing around. We grabbed a roll-up the rim to win and struck
out and then headed home after being kicked out of the natural foods store. (We got kicked out because they were "closed" even though the sign said open and the automatic doors opened for us. When I worked in retail if this was the case you had to allow the people to come in and finish their shopping. But I guess retail service has also been hit by the economy. Wait a minute?! That doesn't make sense. Whatever. I
guess they'd rather go home than stay and that too I can understand. I was just there for the scenery anyways.

P.S. I think I'm going to lay off the dairy for a bit.

Until next time
Michelle

2 comments:

white girl said...

Yay! Another update!

I love the Jammery. We are so going there this summer, and I don't even care about the calories.

What did you have with dairy? Do you remember this time?
Michelle quote: "I don't remember having any dairy. Oh yeah.... I had that big piece of ICE CREAM CAKE." lol

B.rantone said...

I'll second that decision to lay off dairy ... I will also make a motion to request dutch ovens be banned for the foreseeable future ...

Followers