Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sundays = funny stories

Ok..I think I should only write in here on Sundays and Wednesdays. They seem to be the days when funny stories arise. I'll start with last night though. I went to see the movie "Rent" in the theatre with my friend Lori. ( A very funny girl that everyone should meet). During one of the scenes a girl flirts with a guy by asking him to light her candle(because there isn't any heat or light in their apartment building). And every time he lights it she blows it out. Well, Lori who didn't realize the girl was flirting was getting really mad. (Remember this is a movie....a.k.a not real!!). She turns to me and says....why does that stupid girl keep blowing out her candle. haha. I couldn't help but laugh. It was so funny because she was getting really mad.
Today, Sunday, is a perfect day for funny stories. They are coming out of my ying yang. I will start with the beginning of the day. I went to church and met a new friend. His name is Rett. He suffers from MS so he is in a wheelchair. He's hoping that his strength comes back soon so he can walk again. When I was talking to him about it he told me that it's only been 8 months since he's been in the wheelchair. I said to him, oh...so it's not something you've just started doing one day? haha. He laughed. He's a really nice guy and it was his first time coming out with the young adults. It was so funny because all of us at the one end of the table were talking about our favorite movies and Rett and Justin would only talk about Star Trek and Star Wars. Jodi and I were like, yeah...if you're going to name your favorite movies they can't be from either of those. (We are both not Sci-Fi fans). haha. The funny thing about that was that both Jodi and I could do the finger seperated thing that they do on those movies and both Justin and Rett, both huge fans of the movie, couldn't do it. How ironic.
After lunch I had to zip back to the church for drama practice. It was a lot of fun. During the manger scene a few of us don't have any lines so we were just standing there and Racha(I don't know the correct spelling on that so feel free to correct me) made the funniest face with the funniest sound to accompany it. I started laughing so hard and couldn't stop. Soon the entire cast is laughing because I was laughing so hard. Seriously I was crying a lot because of it. Finally I composed myself and everything went smoothly until the second round of the play. That's when Lucille(played by my friend Lori) fell off the stage in my mid-sentence. I couldn't help but laugh through the rest of my line. Then during my next line she coughed...now if you've ever heard Lori's cough you would laugh. It's the loudest thing in the world and it sounds more like a sneeze. So again I laughed through that line. It's important that I get my lines because the play starts this Thursday night. Anyways, we went back stage and there is two scenes before we return. So of course, the cast just goofs around back there. Well I decided to make some clicking noises and whistles. They all looked at me and asked if I had terets. I said no....it's my African Tribel language. They all started laughing. I backed up and hit my head on the shelf in the pastor's office(our green room). Then they all started to laugh. It was so funny. (The headache in which I had for the rest of the night wasn't so funny). But how I received it was. So the next scene...which only I talk in, I was saying my line when the guy playing my husband made the clicking noise. I lost it and just started to laugh uncontrolably. I hit him in the arm too. It was great. By this time in the night we had been practicing for 7 hours. So we were all giggly and tired. That's my excuse anyways. I think the play and singing Christmas tree will go very well. But honestly I'm kind of excited to have it over next week. It's been so consuming, but so much fun. I'm going to miss hanging out with all these people every week though. It's been a blast getting to know them all.
*Crazy Cat Lady Moment*
Yesterday I was having a bubble bath with Lavender soap bubbles. So relaxing. Well, my crazy cat who likes water(so wierd) came over to investigate. She was trying to balance herself on the ledge when she fell off and went right into the bath water. I was lying down so didn't react in time but I saw everything. She looked like a pebble skipping across the water. It seriously looked like she was just on top of the water not sinking in. Maybe I'm mean but I laughed. I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It serves her right for being so proud and curious. haha. After the fiasco she just sat on the bath mat and stared at me. haha. I think she heard me laugh at her.
Well, that's about it for now. Until next time. Peace Out.

1 comment:

white girl said...

Yay! I'm the first to comment!

You are a genius! Misspell people's names so they are forced to comment and correct you! I'll have to try that one. Hey, Racha, are you reading? yeah.. I'll just keep spelling it Racha until you tell me otherwise. heheheheeeee

Also, you didn't end your cat lady moment so does that mean the this cat lady moment is ongoing until you say otherwise? Unending cat lady moment... eeeeek!!

Followers