Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Another Day, Another Funny Story

Ok, sorry it took so long to post this, but I have an excuse. I was half way done a post when my computer froze on me and I had to turn it off. Thus losing my half way done post. So out of frustration I didn't write. However, I have gotten over it and now I am going to write.
The last night of the performance went well. The afternoon one went without a hitch. The evening one however, was funny. First, there's a part when my friend Lori, who plays the old lady, says I think I was a little out of tune. In return the rest of the cast says, a little. Well, the choir thought they would be funny and they all joined in that line too. It startled the whole cast because we didn't know they were going to do this. (there is about 60 people in the choir). So we all jumped and that is where all the giggling started. After that line I am suppose to say that she was so out of tune she was killing my ears. She started coming towards me and she started to push me. I was falling off stage and laughing so hard I couldn't get my line out. It was soooo funny. She didn't realize that she was pushing me off stage so the guy who plays my husband grabbed my shoulders and kept me from falling off completely. It was halarious. Then there was a part when I was in Lori's way so she hit me with her cane. I mean hit me. She hit me so hard I screamed. (That's not part of the script). It was so funny. The audience all laughed at my pain. After that scene was over, us drama people went back stage and laughed so hard. We had to get ourselves composed to go back on stage but it was nearly impossible. After a few scenes my character says lets go get on our costumes. Well, the guy playing my husband said, can I be a sheperd and instead of saying, we'll see, I said, I was thinking more like the donkey. haha. The audience laughed and when we got back stage all the cast asked me what I said. haha. Good times. At the end of the performance us drama people wanted to get back at the choir for making us laugh. So we went and got some candles and stood in the foyer. One the song got to the softer point we all raised our candles and swayed back and forth. No one could see us except the choir and they were all laughing so hard they could hardly sing. haha. It was awesome.
On Monday I took a reservation at work. This was one of the funniest reservations I have ever taken. The lady was older and she at first asked for my boss. I told her that my boss wasn't there. So she reluctantly gave me the information I needed to make the reservation for her. Then she repeated that it was for Wednesday about 10 times. I was like, ok, on Wednesday the 14th. Got it. Then she asked for the booth up by the windows. She said, do you know where that is? I was like yep I know. We only have two windows in the dining area. haha. It was so cute. After I had all the information(this took about 15 minutes to get) she asked me if I was going to cancel on her. I told her that wasn't possible unless she cancelled. Then she told me that if she didn't get the table she wanted she would take me outside. haha. I've never been threatened by a senior before. It was halarious. She said, I don't want to have to take you out side because it's cold out there. haha. What a funny lady.
Yesterday which was Tuesday was a great day. I went to work, came home and did some laundry and had a nap. The phone rang and woke me up. I don't know about you but when I'm deep in sleep and suddenly wake up I'm really out of it. I didn't know what was going on around me or anything. The movie on the TV didn't make any sense but after a few minutes of talking on the phone I noticed what movie it was. (Sleepy Hollow). My friend Barbie was on the phone and we made plans to go Christmas light looking. I love doing this. I usually do it with my brother Cameron. However, Cameron is three provinces away. I will have to take him when he comes to visit though. There is one house that we saw that reminded us of that movie with Chevy Chase. Lampoons Christmas vacation or something like that. Really funny anyways. After half hour of driving around, and after having a grande mocha Frapachinno, I had to pee. I didn't say anything to anyone in the car though so I suffered for another hour and a half before I got to go. There is no better feeling than that. haha.
*Crazy Cat Lady Moment*
Yesterday my cat was walking around all crouched down and acting really weird. She was always hiding on me and making really wierd noises. I couldn't figure it out and kept yelling at her to act normal. haha. Well, later in the evening I was petting her and asking her what was wrong. I asked her if she ate something that was bad for her or something. Then I touched her tail and her bum went straight up in the air. I was like oh.....now I get it. She's in heat. I've never experienced this before. She got really embarassed and went and hid again. I told her that it was natural and that she was becoming a woman. It was really funny having a sex talk with a cat. haha.
*Crazy Cat Lady Moment* is over.
*Christmas Memory Lane*
I remember the Christmas that we came out to Manitoba. There was so much snow that Cameron and I jumped off the top of the stairs at Grandma in the yellow house's house and it was almost as deep as our hight(which probably wasn't that high). It was such a fun Christmas because we got to sleep in the basement and Dawn and I would read all her readers digest magazines. I remember there being mouse soup(my favorite) and homemade perogies(both cottage cheese and raisin). I remember playing that mastermind game(my favorite game) and Shauna taking grandma's cigarettes and hiding them on her. haha. That was always fun to watch. I also remember that it was so easy to walk around her whole town in half an hour. haha. I thought that was really neat. And that Tim and Jason lived in the same town as Grandma. I liked reading her book of the 1000 home medical remedies. It was always funny to read. I just remember having a lot of fun that Christmas.
Anyways, that's all for now. I'll have funny stories tomorrow because as you all know it's youth group night!!!
Until next time
Peace Out

8 comments:

~M said...

I just wanted to be the first commenter. HAHA beat you ALL.
Sounds like your play was hilarious - wish I could have seen it!

Michelle said...

you should have come out to see it. Made a special trip and everything, then I would have felt like a star. haha. I heard that you have a dance studio? Tell me about this rumour....is it true? Thank you for commenting...my sister will be jealous that she's not the first commenter!!!

~M said...

gymnastics, not dance. My sister and I own our own club, it's fun. Who on earth did you hear that from???

~M said...

By the way, I thought you'd be thrilled to know that you're considered hot by a 10 and 12 year old. :) The kids I tutor were looking at some of my pics from Western and you got picked as best looking :)

Michelle said...

lol that is awesome!!! 10 and 12...kind of a young fan club but hey, I'll take it. haha. That's cool that you have your own gymnastics club...I heard that from my sister. She investigates all her blog fans and she told me that you have a website. Are you still working at the church? Do you see Ryan Remple ever? He's married now you know. That's awesome. Little Ryan. Shy Ryan. Married.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, dare I ask what 'mouse soup' is??
K

Anonymous said...

If you only update your log when you get comments....then you are doing a great job yourself with "the other michelle"'s help of course.

white girl said...

I am the INSANE INTERNET DETECTIVE! I can find anything. I love the internet. And that's why I was able to find the website about otherMichelle's gymnastics studio! I'm awesome! hehe

And, Michelle! You didn't tell me that Ryan got married! I'm so sad!! That could have been you! I still love him. He would have been so great in our family. My heart is still broken. STILL BROKEN!! You heart breaker!

Followers