Thursday, July 28, 2011

A date day





A couple of weeks ago B asked if we could go camping soon. (Actually I had suggested it a long time ago and he reminded me of my suggestion.) So I got a hold of our camping friends from Alberta and made arrangements to go camping. While B was out of town for a week I prepared for the camping trip. Making meals and such before hand so all we would have to do is heat it up(by far a great camping tip, makes life so much easier). I, like every other girl I know, likes to clean the house before departing. Something B just doesn't seem to understand. I love the feeling of leaving a clean house so you know that allyou have to do when you get home is take care of the things you bring in from the car. Saves a lot of energy in the long run! Anyways, the car was packed and already to go and I just needed to pick B up from the airport and we would be on our way.

11:45pm B's plane landed and we headed towards Revelstoke. We were staying at 3 valley gap for the night. For those who are unfamiliar it's the little ghost town along the highway. I've driven past there so many times but this was the first time we stopped there. We had a loft room which was awesome and the view was even better! It was beautiful! After a great breakfast at the little restaurant we headed back towards the Enchanted Forest and Sky Trek adventures. It was awesome! We got all geared up and did the safety course for the rope adventures. After the safety course we were feeling rather confident and wee bit cocky. That is until we started on the first real obstacle. There were 4 courses: green (easy) blue (medium), black (hard) and double Black (even harder). I am sad to say that I had to quit after the blue course. My nerves had gotten shot by the third to last obstacle on the blue obstacle. There was a rope that you walked on and it was surrounded by a net. Not too bad when I first looked at it. Well as soon as you got to the middle the rope at the top (that you held onto with your hands) and the rope at the bottom (that you're walking along) became slack making you fall backwards and holding on for dear life my little heart was racing like crazy. That was when I was mentally done as well as physically.
This was the easy rope surrounded by net. The one I freaked out on was much higher and much uglier.


However, B was still quite capable of moving on and he went through the black course. I'm sure he would have kept going but we had run out of time and had to head to our campground to meet up with our friends.
But we'll save those stories for another day.
Michelle

No comments:

Followers