Saturday, May 28, 2011

I had a dream

Pretty sure Inigo is the cutest little bird ever. He's finally starting to come around. Two days ago he allowed me to bring him out of his cage (He usually needs to be tricked to allow me to do that). I thought maybe it was a fluke so I let him go back in and tried again. Walla! He allowed me to do it again. I did it a third time and was convinced that we had finally overcome that hurdle. Now he's trainable. So that's of course what I did yesterday. I trained him a new trick of coming from one finger to the other without touching him. All I say is come and he does it. Not believing that this trick was transferable B said, "I'm going to try" and while Inigo sat on my shoulder B held his finger away (about 3 or 4 inches away) and said, "come" and Inigo jumped onto his finger! Walla again. We have a new trick in our repertoire. So exciting. I love that the more he gets use to me the warmer his feet get...sometimes they get so hot it becomes uncomfortable. I just think he's so cute. He's been playing with his chirp lately and it's coming out so cute. B says it sounds like an old man grumbling under his breath, but to me it sounds like a really cute squeaky toy. We've also been trying to teach him how to talk and say the word "hello" to him a lot during each day. His progress on this trick so far is to move his beak with no sound coming out each time we say it. Hopefully we'll have success on this trick soon. It would be so exciting! We really want to teach him the phrase, "my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die". Haha! I think it would be funny.

I've had some really weird dreams lately. The first one was that B and his brother T and I went shopping to the Bay and they had a chocolate display that I really wanted to see. But the boys said we didn't have time for it. I was upset but then when we got out to the car they realized they forgot to get the board game that they went there for. So we went back in. The chocolate display was on the way to the game section, so I stayed in that section as they went to get the game. They were so fast and I hardly got to see anything but it was time to go. T was so proud and held up the game far past his head in victory. So we left. Than as we got back to where we were staying (it wasn't any place I recognized) I got the sneezes. Except each time I sneezed this little thing would come out. I swore they looked like the tiniest crabs I ever did see, but everyone else was saying they were tadpoles that were in the process of turning into frogs. Than I sneezed a big sneeze and out came this big slimy thing which was in fact a full size frog. It was a gross dream to say the least. However, B already knew what I was dreaming about because I had been talking in my sleep about frogs. haha

I've had a couple other weird dreams since than but that one was probably the strangest of them all.

Anyways, I should go. I said I was going to have a nap but I see that possibility slowly being sucked away since it's already 4:30. I am sick. Boo! I hate being sick! It started on Tuesday and has just slowly gotten worse. I was sent home from work on Wednesday one hour into my shift I broke out in a fever and couldn't stay even though I so badly wanted to. One of my kids was doing so great and it's so hard to leave when you can see them progressing in front of your eyes. And slowly through the week the workers started getting picked off one by one with some sort of illness. Yikes!!! Must be that time of the year.

Anyways, there is more to update on, but I'll have to save some of it for another time because this entry is already long winded and a little all over the place.

Until next time
Michelle

No comments:

Followers