Friday, June 26, 2009

Girls Night Out

Last night I went to my future-sister-in-laws bachelorette party. It was a lot of fun. We had dinner at a really nice restaurant. I had a green salad with a poppyseed dressing (very yummy) and mac and cheese. After dinner we went over to the bride-to-be's sisters house. There we had a glass of wine and played a game. If she was able to answer the question (that her husband-to-be had given answers to) then she could open a gift, if she got the question wrong, however, than she would have to chew a peice of hubba bubba gum and keep adding to it. It was a lot of fun, yet near the end we changed the rules to that we could just play the games and do the gifts later on because it was taking away from the joy of the gift (she had a lot of gum going on). It was really funny. After the game she opened her gifts and we all just sat around and talked to get to know each other a little bit. Good times.

I always feel awkward when people ask me about my wedding at someone else's wedding shower and such. I want to keep the focus so badly on them but I don't want to be rude to the person who asked me the question. What is the proper protocall for that? Am I a bad person for answering? I try to change the subject back onto the person we are celebrating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is rude. Its wedding season and your at a wedding event (Stagette) so naturally people ask about how marriages are going, engagements, to be weddings, are you dating etc.. People generally also want to make small talk at those kind of events with people that they may or may not know. I don't think it takes away from the bride-to-be at all. She's also got her own focus. I think she would rather her guests be entertained, even if that means talking about their own wedding

white girl said...

It's not rude to answer someone's question. It would be rude not to answer! I agree with Anonymous (who are you?? hehe) that's it's more fun for the bride that her guests are entertained. It's not like you are bringing up the topic of your wedding all the time on your own and insisting that people talk about it. That would be taking the focus from the bride to yourself, in my opinion, but answering a question presented to you isn't limelighting. What would be worse is talking about how you think that marriage isn't anything but a piece of paper and most of them end up in divorce anyway. That's always a good topic for a stagette.

Tell you what, I'll talk about MY wedding at YOUR stagette. Deal? heee!

Followers