Monday, October 07, 2013

Funny Little Lad

Kiwi is having a hilarious day!  H I L A R I O U S! (My sister will appreciate that).  First thing this morning as I was doing my hair he came up to me and said, "Bum" and pointed to his diaper.  He's been doing this for about 2 weeks now letting me know when he's gone and needs to be changed.  I said ok I'll be there in just a moment I just need to clip my hair clip.  I guess I wasn't fast enough because in that time he had gone to his room, pulled out a new diaper (out of the box) and brought it back to me.  

After changing him I went back to my room to finish getting ready for the day.  He had gone into the closet which is normal for him and I didn't think much of it.  B called me over to the closet and said, "I think he's gone to Narnia".  I came over to see and he was behind the clothes and you could see where he was only by the movement of the clothing.  Then all of a sudden the movement stopped and out peaked kiwi and he gave a big smile and said, "Hi!" Both B and I laughed and as we did Kiwi raised his one shoulder to his cheek and gave a shy scrunchy smile.  Again B and I laughed.  He's such a character.  

A little later in the morning I told Kiwi that it was time to go grocery shopping.  I bent down to get our grocery bags out of the cupboard and when I stood up there was Kiwi pressed up against the hallway wall. Both his arms were stretched out as far as they could go in opposite directions and he was sliding/side stepping down the hallway as if he were trying to sneak away.  I just laughed.  What a nut!  

While we were grocery shopping Kiwi decided to express himself in loud growling noises.  Instead of discouraging this I encouraged it and played along.  As we were approaching the cheese section an older gentleman started to laugh.  I told him that I wasn't going to discourage it and he said, why would you, he's happy.  :) We ran into a long time family friend while we were there, we chatted for a bit.  I continued to run into her several more times during our shopping trip.  The last time we ran into each other right by the bakery.  Kiwi was zoned into the bakers corner.  He knows that at the end of our shopping trip we stop there and he gets a cookie.  He would not break his stare for anything. Then he started to make the sign for cookie and away we went.  

When we got home I put the box of baby wipes by the table and went to unload the groceries.  When I was done I walked over and there was Kiwi, standing on top of the wipes box with a measuring tape.  It kind of shocked me. So what did I do?  I didn't take him off right away, instead I grabbed my phone and took a picture of the little monkey.  

Now the little turkey is refusing to have a nap, so tonight might just be an early bed time for my wee lad.  

No comments:

Followers