Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sad News Week

As I sit inside and look out the window I see my neighbour so proudly marching across his lawn as he sets up his Halloween decorations.  A huge smile smeared across his face. My heart is heavy today.  This past week has brought several pieces of bad news but last nights news came out of nowhere and I am incredibly sad.  Our cousin's boyfriend passed away yesterday in a work related accident.  That's about all we know.  It's incredibly hard to process and I am just plain old sad.  

Also an update on my other cousin's little guy.  Apparently his lungs are starting to adapt to his failing heart which is bad news when it comes to a new heart.  I pray that his lungs don't adapt because if they do a new heart will not work for him because of the pressure it would have behind it.  It's an incredibly hard prayer to pray but I still pray for a new heart for Miles.  Here is a link to his facebook group if you feel inclined to support emotionally/financially to this amazing family.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/154631931368209/

Another set of bad news is that my friends' parents are most likely going to be getting divorced.  It's not been said out loud yet but apparently it's coming. This said friend is the same age I was when my parents were going through their stuff so I really relate to her and I know how hard it is to watch your parents go through that and the confusion it brings on.  

I know this is not a very uplifting post.  I wish it was.  There is a lot of good going on at the same time, but I feel it's important to acknowledge and process and feel the bad.  It all doesn't make sense right now.  I sometimes wonder, where is God  in all this?  But I know he's here and he sees and he knows and he has a big picture laid out in front of him.  Last year I lost a good friend in a motorcycle accident and it was something her husband said that made me smile, he said he had a dream about her and when he asked her "Does it make sense, is there a reason for this" she said, "yes, it makes sense, there's a reason for it, I don't remember why right now but know it is for the best."  Dreams are powerful.  

I wish I had something insightful to say, something to ease the pain for the people who surround me. It breaks my heart to see people broken.  Dagnabit, here come the tears again.  Next time, a happy update, I promise.  

No comments:

Followers