Monday, February 14, 2011

S.A.D. (Single Awareness Day)

Hello. Last week I didn't update at all. Sorry about that. I have an excuse though. I had the flu and took a long time to recover from it. Even by Friday I was still feeling woozy. But now I am feeling much better, however my time of the month is on it's way and that comes with some minimal pain. I just hope it comes soon so it can be over. Wow, that was a lot of personal info right off the bat. Welcome to my head! I'm such an open book sometimes.

Today is Valentines day. I want to be sensitive to my friends and family that are in a crossroads or are single so I don't want to shout it in their face that I'm blissfully in love. (Which I am). I would much rather be quiet because I remember being in that place and wishing oh so ever wishing for my turn to be in love. I hated the comments, "it will be your turn soon", "He's out there, he's just not ready for you yet". I still hate these types of comments. So cliche and they don't make you feel any better. I do however, understand that it's not maliciousness behind it. The people mean well, they have most likely been in that position before. I remember being 27 and hearing that and wondering maybe I'm just not meant for anyone. So do you know what I did? I went on a trip, I picked up some hobbies and I tried new things. I didn't take myself seriously and I enjoyed life. I tried not to obsess about it, even though some days this was just not possible. I love the thought of love.

Anyways, this is why I don't like shouting it in my facebook status. I feel somewhat put off by all the lovey dovey inconsiderate to their single friends status'. Does this make sense to anyone else? Man, maybe I'm just overly sensitive. I have the type of personality that I would rather put my own happiness on the back burner in order to not offend someone else. This drives B insane at times because during a discussion I will take my sweet time before I say something. Only because I'm ever so carefully deciding on wording in order to not be offensive. I think this is why people find me to be so quiet at first...I'm not I'll have you know...I was voted loudest girl on campus at college.....but I am diligent in my phrasing.

Wow, that post went in a totally different direction than I was expecting. All that to say, Happy Friendship Day. All my beautiful friends I love you all!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Love Day
With love
Sheila

white girl said...

That's why Happy Friendship Day is best!

Allen said...

I completely understand where you're coming from with that. I keep hearing the same comments as you used to and they drive me nuts. To me, they come across as condescending, to be honest.

Happy Singles Awareness Day.

Followers