Monday, June 14, 2010

Bakin' up a storm

Good day everyone. Bet you thought I fell off the face of the earth for a while? Maybe you didn't even notice. Maybe just maybe you're like, stop all your melodramaticness and get on with the post. Whatever you may be feeling, I welcome you with open arms. Well...maybe they're crossed a little...I do this, not because I'm mad, but because it's comfortable and it keeps me warm.

Only 27 days left until my brother's wedding!!! I'm so excited. I hung out with the bride to be today as she had a hair trial day! So much fun! She had also said she was going to stop by my place once she was done...so I took off a little early to go and hide the goodies I've been working on for her wedding shower this coming weekend. I've been baking up a storm...for the wedding shower and for our family Christmas in July. Why are we having Christmas in July you ask? Well because my sister and her family are actually in the country and it's been over 2 years since the last time they had a North American Turkey dinner we decided that it was time for our family to have Christmas together. So exciting. So of course comes on the baking!! Yum!

Just an update on my mental overallness, I'm content. I am so happy where I am at right now in life. It's a fun time. I'm enjoying my family (both sides), my job is incredible!, and B and I are enjoying each other. Someone asked me recently about how I felt about everyone around me being pregnant or just having a newborn and me not having one on the way yet? My response, and trust me it took me a few battles with the ugly Green Monster (Jealousy), and a whole lot of prayer to get me to where I am now, but my response is that I'm enjoying our journey. It's not going to be the same as someone else's. It's going to be ours, and for that I'm excited. I'm excited for all my family and friends who are starting their families. I'm thrilled for those who are waiting. And I feel incredibly blessed. Enjoying where we are at rather than wishing where we were is where I'm at.

Well, until next time
Mich-to-the-elle

P.S. I will post some pictures of the baking after Saturday...until then it shall remain a surprise. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming you're hoping the bride-to-be doesn't actually read your blog ... otherwise the surprise is kinda spoiled silly.

Michelle said...

I know she doesn't...she doesn't even know it exists.

Amy said...

Hey now, I'm sure it was all good :) But I do remember you showing her the blog at our get together on NY's and she and both her fiance looked at it... remember and I thought your brother had a blog too... uh oh.

:)

Followers