Thursday, July 09, 2009

Feel like I've been hit by a car...oh wait! I have!

Well the last few days have been really clumsy to say the least. Last week I tripped going up the stairs and hurt my left foot. The toe beside my big toe was a pretty purple colour for a couple of days. I sported a beautiful array of scrapes up the centre of my ankle and it was beautiful. Then yesterday I decided that it had healed enough to do some more damage to it (yes the same foot) as it got caught under the couch (don't ask how that happened cause I don't know) I tried to remove it again, thinking I had I took a step with my right foot. As I did this I realized that no, my left foot was still stuck and as a dead tree I fell to the floor. Did I try to break my fall with my hands? No! I just fell, literally straight down to the floor as though I was a solid tree. If that wasn't enough I was on my way out the door and forgot something. I threw my keys to an unnamed patron (I know who it is) and asked this person to start my car for me because it's been making a really annoying squeal when it starts and hoped that by the time I came back the squealing would be gone. When I came back into the garage I walked down my arch nemisis (the stairs) and walked towards the drivers door (this placing me left side of my body to the bumper) as I stepped down the last step the car lurched forward and threw me 2 to 3 feet back up the stairs and into the wall. What happened you ask? My friend had thought the car was in neutral and when releasing the clutch (the emergency break doesn't work so well unless it's really all the way up) the car jumped forward causing this reaction. My first reaction - pain. Then I started to laugh. Did this really just happen? Right after (and I mean within 15 minutes) falling to the floor in the living room. It was just so spastic and halarious. Only because no one was severely injured. I walked away with a bruised ankle and sore left side of the body, and my friend with a bruised ego. It was a freak accident! And I guess that's what I am right now :) haha. Just plain o'l clumsy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are your wedding colors? Perhaps they should be purple and yellow....then your bruises can just be part of the decor!! :)

~Michelle~

Michelle said...

haha....close, they're blue and cream :) But maybe I should change them now...just kidding. It's really not that bad.

Followers