Monday, July 20, 2009

Evacuated

This weekend has turned into one hectic weekend. I had a couple of to do lists that were pretty much accomplished (which is happy news to report). Then on Saturday I finished work early because it was quiet. When I left with Brenton we took my car back to my house so we could use just one car (more efficient on gas). His parents happened to be around the area with the truck so we called them and asked them if we could use the back of it to move my big chair out. They said yes and came right over. I watered the plants outside and then Brenton and I were off to Fabricland on the mission to find a certain button. As we turned the corner to come down Dilworth mountain we saw a big cloud that just didn't look right. I asked Brenton if that was a tornado (remember I lived in Manitoba for 6 years) and he said, no that looks like a fire. As soon as we were done at fabricland we went to the mall and did a couple more errands and then we headed over to his place. We started packing a few things, just in case, and it's a good thing we did, about an hour and a half later he was evacuated. I have never felt that way before. As I stood there looking at all his stuff I didn't know what he would want (he was busy running around the building finding the right people to get to turn off the vents that were sucking in smoke from outside). First thing I grabbed was all his pictures. Then some clothes for him to take. Then all the wedding stuff (it had to be moved to a different location anyways). Then it was off to Brenton's parents house which is where he's staying in the mean time. At this time there are 3 major fires on the go and hopefully they can be contained in a short period of time. The emergency people are doing an amazing job! (I will post pictures soon)

2 comments:

B.rantone said...

I'm back home now!! w00t!

Sheila Bell McKay said...

UMMMMMM..........time for an update!!! Thank you,please.

Followers