Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Best Weekend Party

Gabriel's birthday party was a blast. Where should I start. How about the kids birthday party on Saturday. We all dressed up as our favorite superhero. It was awesome! Gabriel came as Batman. When he answered the door to greet his friends he proudly proclaimed, "My mom's the Incredible Hulk!" He was so proud. It was also awesome that she, my sister, would be behind him to greet the children with a scary welcome. One child was too afraid to join the party. His mom had to convince him that everything was going to be ok. Once he got into it though he and Gabriel were unseperatable. The party started with lunch being served. We had Hawaiian pizza. I was happy because that's my favorite kind of pizza. Want your way? Give me some hawaiian pizza and you'll get it. haha. After lunch we played this game with the silly string. It was representing Spiderman's webbing technique. The object of the game was to see who could best web the action figure. It came to a close score, but I'd have to say Chloe won. She has mad skills yo. One child was so confused because of silly string coming from his can there was a bright pink mist. We checked the can and found that it was actually neon hairspray. haha. Thank goodness the little girl, Chloe, who was wearing a white satin dress was untouched by such a bright dye. After this game we turned our attention to coloring our favorite action hero. After our picture was colored we attached a magnet to the back. I think the adults were more into this activity than the kids. This lasted a while but while the adults were entertained with the coloring aspect of the activity the chillin's were busy entertaining themselves. We soon played a scavenger hunt game. That was a lot of fun....for us spectators. The chillin's seemed to lose interest in the hunt about 20 - 25 mins into it. Corrie finally gave a very specific clue to where the superhero action ring was hiding. Finally Chloe found the ring and when the prize was presented to her she politely refused. With some convincing she did take the prize..... for her sister. haha. After this activity we had some birthday cake. Gabriel's face of excitement when he saw the cake was priceless. Gab was so gracious when he allowed the candle he had just blown out to be relite so a little boy could blow it out too. The cake Dawn made was unbelievable. Next Gabriel opened his presents. There was one little boy there, the age of 3, who didn't really understand why Gabriel got to open presents and he didn't. So he had a little mental breakdown. I was shocked at what his friends brought him. Gift one: A hoodie. Awesome, kind of weird, but awesome. The second gift was a hoodie. Ok, still weird, but awesome. Gift 3 was a neat art supply and chinese crackers, awesome. Gift 4 and 5 were both hoodies. The kid scored 4 hoodies from a kids party. Does anyone else find this weird? When I was five turning six I believe I got toys from my friends and clothes from my family. But ok. Poor Gab looked appreciative, but slightly disappointed. The night before he went through his toys to make room for his new ones. The rest of the time the kids played with Gab's new art and crafts gifts until it was time for them to go home.
The next day instead of going to church Dawn, Grace and I stayed back to get a head start on the dinner for the family and friends birthday party. What a party it was too. Corrie, Jared and I all had a break for Dawn out in the backyard before the party started. Dawn made an exceptional meal. Turkey dinner! YUM. I only wish I took a picture of the delicious spread. I helped by putting the cranberry sauce in a bowl. And I left it as a big blob! Yeah! I'm awesome. I thought it looked funny. Gab's gifts were awesome too. He received a blowup Spiderman bed that's totally travel fun. Also a Superman action toy. A Batman game to be played on the tv. Some awesome Action hero shoes. His mom and dad got him some pretty amazing electronic remote control cars. That was by far the biggest hit. He received so many more toys and cool stuff too. What a happy kid.
The cake Dawn made for the family and friends party was also amazing. KUDOS DAWN....I HOLLA A SHOUT OUT AT CHA SISTA.
The next day, Monday Gabriel came to me and said, "Aunty M, you only have..." then he looked down at his hand to count, then looked up at me with sad little eyes and said, "no more sleeps here....if you want you can stay for one more sleep." How do you say no to that? You put the blame on your brother. And that's what I did. Plus it was the truth. haha. It was one of the best weekends ever.
I know some of this stuff is repeated from a prior post...but it just makes the story complete when it's all together...ya know?

No comments:

Followers