Friday, September 29, 2006

Stinky Feet

Well, it's official. I am a BC resident once again. The trip out was a lot of fun. I left town on Monday night at about......ok wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. First on Monday morning I got back to town from spending the night out at my mom's house. When I got home my friend Chris came over and we loaded up my futon and a few boxes to take to good will. When we got to the good will building I noticed that in the box of goodies I was carrying there was a lone sock. So I took it out. (You can't give a lone sock to charity...that's like saying I was too lazy to throw out my garbage and gave it to you to sort out). What did I do with the sock you ask? Well, I didn't throw it out. It became the maskcot of my journey. I tied it to the bar that connects the traillor to the hitch. I didn't name it though, it was just the sock maskcot. Awesomeness! After dropping those few items off we went out for breakfast and then went back to my place to start packing up the rest of my house. It took until 5:30 in the evening to finish packing and there is still a car load of stuff that wasn't able to be packed. My mom took it back to her house and she'll keep it there for me for now. haha. The ironic thing is the stuff that didn't come with me this time is the stuff I just took with me the last time I was here. Weird eh.
After my car was all packed, which was a challenge in itself. We had to take the roof off because my back door is stuck closed. Then we packed it all up and then put the roof back on. But we had to sit on the roof just so that it would close. Lot's of fun, let me tell you. Anyways, after I went over to my friend Jeremy's house. Then I went over to Ruth's house. I crashed there for a couple of hours and then I hit the road. It was about 12:30 when I left town. I pulled over at about 3:30 in the morning to sleep a little more. When I woke up I started driving but my eyes were being all weird so I pulled over again and went to sleep. When I woke up it was 8:30am. So I got back on the road and set off. I'm usually really talkative when I'm travelling. I like to talk to the people who pump my gas and anyone else who might make the mistake of giving me any kind of eye contact. But this day I was really just quiet. Except everyone seemed to want to talk to me. I was like is this opposite day or what? When I finally got to RedCliff I tried to figure out where my friend Mike was. I was suppose to pick him up. I told him that I hope he packed light. When he saw my car he was like, you weren't kidding. Nope I sure wasn't. Poor guy had to ride in my car with the passenger seat right up to the front, kitty litter on the floor so his feet were in it, Stuff packed behind the chair he was in kept getting knocked into his head because my kitty who was really angry that he took her seat was kicking it into his head. (She's a brat, I have no idea where she gets it from). And he had to hold his bag in his lap. It was a really tight fit but it was only like that for about 3 hours. Once we got to Calgary we stayed at my friend Miguel's house. But that's for another posting. There's a lot more to come and I'm going to take some pictures of the unpacking process just so you can get a little bit of an idea of what's it's been like. :) Until next time....Peace Out.

4 comments:

white girl said...

You totally aren't going to take pictures of the unpacking process. I have a feeling...

Sheila said...

It was GREAT to see you and PB again. You were not kidding that your jeep was loaded to the top. Glad you made it to your new/old home safely. Good luck with finding employment. And good luck with unloading your stuff. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Finally, the story behind the sock!
I had to drive to Abbotsford and log on just to learn the story you started to tell me in Revelstoke.
Hope the unloading went smoothly, see you soon!

Kristin Watt said...

Michelle!

It's kristin! Can you believe I remembered your blog address??? Anyways, just wanted to say that we missed your smiley face at church today! Hope you're doing well!

Followers