Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Moving Part 2

Wow, ok so Dawn totally called it and I didn't take any pictures of the car before or after the unloading process. Sorry everyone. Just imagine this: Everything was packed tight. A 5 by 8 trailor wasn't enough to hold everything. I still have a car load back in Manitoba at my mom's home. But enough about that. We covered all that stuff already...let's move on to what it's been like since I unpacked the car. The unpacking process only took less than an hour to do. It was so simple. My sister had come up to Kelowna with her kids. Once they were in bed we headed out to the car to unload it. Ok, so we procrastinated a little. We were waiting for my brother to get home to help out but once 11pm hit we lost our patience and did it ourselves. We had my friend Mike there to help out too. So we started. It was so much fun. My sister and I just laughed the whole time. What about you ask? Does it matter. It could have been a butterfly and we would find it funny. When we're together all we do is laugh. I'll give you an example of what made us laugh really hard. We had taken most of the stuff off the top part so my dresser that was laying flat on my couch was exposed. I turned to Dawn and said look at this...then I plastered myself ontop of the dresser, then I said, it's my clothes. Yay!! She just started laughing because the couch was in the way of me actually sliding across the dresser so it stopped me short. She thought it looked so funny so for the rest of the unpacking time she kept imitating what I had done. I don't know if Mike was getting annoyed by us because of our goofing off and not really doing anything but laugh...whatever. It was so much fun.
The next morning I went down to the Uhaul return place at about 7. Well the sign said it doesn't open until 8. So I went home. I headed back for 8 and once I got there nobody was around. So I sat down and waited. And I waited. And I waited. It's a really good thing I can read because while I was sitting there I looked up at the door and it said on Saturday's you need an appointment. So I went home and looked up the number to call. Well, wouldn't you know it when I called he told me that they open at 9 and if I'm dropping off I don't need an appointment. So after my third trip down there they took the thing from me. I was so excited to back up out of the parking spot without something being attached to the back of my car. I also have the back window again!!! Yippee!!! So exciting in my world.
For the rest of the day I hung out with Dawn(my sister), Gabriel(my nephew) , Grace(my niece) and Mike. That was on Saturday...I can't remember what we did...oh yes it just came back to me....lucky for you! Dawn and I and the G's went to Walmart and got some stuff..(i.e. bath stuff) and then we rented the first season of Grey's Anatomy...I love that show. We watched the first 5 episodes...so awesum. While we watched we drank Screamers. For those of you who don't know what that is I'll describe it but you must make your way to Kelowna to try one for yourself. They are heaven in in cup. You have access to both a slurpee machine with your choice of slurpee flavor and an icecream machine. Your choice of vanilla, twist or chocolate. Then you create your own...I love the layer look. I put in a little icecream, followed by a little slurpee followed by a little icecream....and it goes on and on...I'm sure you get the picture. It tastes so good. I like that you get to choose your own pattern. It makes me smile. My favorite combination is Root Beer slurpee with chocolate ice cream. It sounds disgusting but it tastes incredible. You are all invited out to visit me and I will personally take you down to the station and introduce you properly to a little piece of heaven. Yum!
Until next time.

1 comment:

~M said...

yummmmmmmmy.....screamers.....so worth a trip to Kelowna.

Followers