Saturday, June 17, 2006

Oops I did it again

Hello party people. I was reading Dawn’s blog and I decided to use her excuse of why I don’t blog more often. Except the real reason I don’t blog as often is because I’m an addict. I’m addicted to a game. It’s called RollerCoaster Tycoon. I know it’s an older game but I love it. My favorite part is to build a burger stand right beside a ride entrance. It’s my intention for them to eat a burger before they go on the ride and then when they come off the ride they puke. I don’t know why I get suck a cheap thrill from it. I always name one of the green faced kids, Marcus the Pukus and I put a tracer on him for the remainder of his time in the park. Am I sick or what? Anyways, after that last blog entry it struck up some memories of other dating disasters I’ve had.
When I first moved here I was working at Humpty’s. This guy came up to the till to pay for his bill and asked me if I would like to join them to a movie tomorrow. I was like, yes. So the next day just before he got there I was just finishing getting ready in the washroom. My roommate was talking to me through the door. She kept saying I think it’s a date. My response would always be, no it’s not. Michelle, I think it’s a date. Um, nope he said we. I came out of the washroom and she said, you’re wearing that? I said yes, I’m comfortable and it’s not a date, it is just a bunch of us going to a movie(I was in overalls). Well, when he came to the door he was dressed in a suit and holding a bouquet of flowers. I was like, oh...Thank you. We had a great time. We watched the movie Pearl Harbor and went for a long walk and got icecream. When I got home I felt really dumb for wearing overalls.
Another time, really close to this past date I just told you about, some people who came into Humpty’s everyday had become friends of mine. They asked me if I would go on a blind date with someone they knew. I was like, um....nope. Then they told me that he worked with them (at McDonald’s) and that I had come through drive thru and he noticed me and wanted to meet me. I told them I was flattered but still no. After a month of them hounding me(these people are persistent) I finally caved and said fine. So here is how the blind date from.....(this is a G rated blog) goes.
He picked me up(good start). As soon as I saw him though, I knew he wasn’t my type, but I was determined to give it a shot. Then we got into his really old, beat up, falling apart truck. (Still ok). We were going to the theater to see the movie Angel Eyes with Jennifer Lopez(awesome, I wanted to see that movie). When we got to the theater I went to get out of the truck but the door was stuck. I looked up to see if he could help me but he was already out of the truck and walking towards the theater WITHOUT me. (Very bad move). So I pushed as hard as I could and finally got the door open. I RAN to catch up with him. Do you know that show, Blind Date???? Well, that’s all that I could think about. I had all these really funny bubbles coming out of my head and I would laugh to myself. Once we were in the theater I offered to pay for my own but he insisted(good move...I’m starting to forget all about the leaving me in your broken down truck and having to RUN on my date to catch up). I get a drink and we have 25 minutes until the seating for our movie starts. I think wow, we can actually talk a little bit before the movie, this is a good thing. To my dismay, however, he picks up a movie magazine and sits down at a table and reads it from cover to cover. HELLO???? Aren’t we on a date? (Bad move). So what do I do? I check out the other guys in the theater. What other people on dates and wish I had someone to talk to. Finally the guy announces that they will now let the people going to our movie sit. So he puts the magazine down on the table and leaves it there for someone else to clean up for him(bad move) and we head into the movie. The movie was alright but that’s all. We just sat there and watched it. Once it was over we got back into his rickty old truck and went for a little drive. He wanted to talk. Hello, we are on a date. Ok. But the talk is going nowhere. It was almost like random words. I was paying more attention to the imaginary bubbles coming out of my head than to what he was saying. He asked me if I wanted to continue driving around and I said I just wanted to go home. So he took me home. When I went to get out of the truck I put my right foot on the ground, like you normally do before you put your other one down. Well, I hadn’t gotten my other leg out of the truck yet when he started to drive away.(Bad Move). You don’t try to sweep one off their feet that way. I bounced around trying to get my balance without falling completely over and when I finally did, I walked around the house to where my door was. (I lived in the back lane...it was dark, not a good neighbourhood, there is a back alley he could have drivin’ down.) When I walked in the door, my roommate asked me how it went. I started to laugh so hard that I cried. I told her we needed to go for coffee so I could tell her all about it. It doesn’t end there. The next day he sent me flowers with a card that said, I had a great time, I hope you did to, maybe we can do it again. Are you kidding me? Were you on the same date I was on??? When I saw the girls who set me up I swear my eyes turned red. I was like what the heck were you thinking?
Well, that’s it for now. Until next time. Peace Out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAYBE you should ask....
"Just so I am not confused, is this a date or are we just hanging out with friends?"
THEN you can tell him.....
"Sorry I don't date, I just hang out with friends!"
Mwahahahaha!!

Michelle said...

Lol. Remember this happened when I first moved here. So about 6 years ago. haha. I think that's a good ratio...1:6. One accidental date per 6 years. haha. All is good.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remembered the "farmer boy" date was from long ago.

Learning from our mistakes and not repeating them is the key. It is not the ratio of mistakes to time!

I have one question??
"What were you doing up at 3AM?"

white girl said...

Oh, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle. You are one unknowingly popular girl! I totally remember when you went on that date with the pick-up-truck guy. I still can't believe he sent you flowers the next day saying that he had a great time and hoped that you would go out again. Did you ever hear from him after that? Or at least hear ABOUT him through his friends that hung out at Humpty's?

Michelle said...

Yes I did. I continually heard about him from them. They tried to convince me to give him another chance and I was like, you're lucky I went the first time. Plus I am not attracted to him. They couldn't understand why he would act like that, and said maybe he was nervous. Whatever, it is a funny story now! haha. If I was on that Blind Date show it would probably be one of their archives dates that they revisit and laugh at. haha.

Lauren said...

Man I want a laughable date story. My strangest thing along the lines of boys and awkwardness is when we were at a 24/7 prayer thing. For an entire day this guy much older than me was hitting on me and rubbing my leg, even while I was trying to pray. Finally someobdy told to screw off and that I was 12 years old. He never saw me again haha. Especially after Sean and Kelly got a hold of him.

Followers