Thursday, June 08, 2006

Have you ever been on a date and didn't know it????

Hey everyone. Did you think something happened to me? Were you worried that I had forgotten you? How could I. You’re the best fans I’ve ever had. haha. The only fans I’ve ever had. Are you wondering about the titled? Well, don’t you worry I’m going to tell you all about it. But first of all you have to understand the rules of this entry. This is where I get to tell you how to react while reading. I will tell you where it is appropriate for you to laugh, to cry, to sigh and such. Are you ready? Then here we go.
I will start by telling you how I ended up on a date and didn’t know it. (shake your head from side to side slowly.) I was working and there is this one guy who always comes in for a side of fries and seasoning salt(lick your lips here and imagine it while rubbing your tummy...you’re hungry now aren’t you? If you need to go and get a snack do so now but hurry back. HURRY!!!!! GO, you haven’t gone to get a snack yet....GO NOW!! Remember you must do what I say during this entry, don’t make me go all capital letter again!). So in came this guy for his usual fries with seasoning salt and he told me that it was his last week working across the street so he won’t be coming in any more(sigh here or go awww). Then he asked me if I wanted to go and see a movie/hang out. I was like sure. (Ok, most of the guys in my church just like to hang out...not dating or anything so I thought this was the same thing). So we made plans to go and see the movie on Saturday, fine whatever. After I was done work on Saturday night he came and picked me up from work. (Say yuck, you haven’t showered work off Michelle....Gross...make your gross noises now!!) So I threw on a hoody and some jeans and off we went. I was excited to go and see the movie (Over the Hedge) (Start cheering here for the movie because it’s stinkin’ good.) Woo Hoo!!!! Yay Over the Hedge! Are you cheering? I can’t hear you....go louder....you can be louder than that. Come on, make the people in the other room curious to what you’re doing/reading. Cheer. Out Loud. I don’t care if you’re the only one there. Just let out a woot. Ok, so the movie was awesome. Still not in tune that I’m on a date.(Shake your head here, slowly for dramatic effect.) After the movie was over I usually like to stay to see if there is anything at the end of the credits, especially for a cartoon movie, but he wanted to get going so we left. When we got back into his truck it started to rain. Then lightening(make a scary face....like you’re frightened. Be more Scared. Fine, that will do, but I’m not impressed with the enthusiasm. I need more. The less is more saying does not apply here. More is more. Help me to feel that you’re scared by the lightening.) Anywho, then it started to rain really bad. We were just driving by the bar and saw some guys running across the street. They were kind of running weird I laughed at them. (Insert your laughter here....imagine the guys running funny across the street in front of you. They are crouched really low and they have their arms up above their heads. Are you getting the picture. Now laugh! It’s so funny). Suddenly there was a big crack noise. I thought the guys had thrown something at the truck because I was laughing at them.(Make an almost annoyed look or shocked look but quickly change it to understanding). Why? Because it wasn’t a rock or anything like that, it was hail. Hail the size of golf balls. There were even a couple the size of a baseball. (Make your eyes go wide with alarm!!) Because his truck is new he wanted to protect it. So he was like, I’m going to park it under a tree so that it doesn’t get damaged I was like, ok. Still not aware that I was on a date. While we sat there I was kind of freaked out. If you don’t know, I don’t really like storms that much, especially since we had a tornado go through Brandon two summers ago. Not so cool. And last year we had a flash flood. So I sat there in his truck with big eyes. (Make your big eyes). Then he said it. What did he say you ask? He said, this is kind of a crazy first date eh? Ok, you thought my eyes were wide before? They got even bigger. Huge. Make your eyes bug out of your head, swallow hard and then reply, yeah I guess so. Say it out loud. It will make you feel like you were there. Make shifty eyes too. Like you don’t know where to look. Because you don’t want to make eye contact because your eyes are buggin’ out of your head but you don’t want to be rude either. So where do you focus? Just watch the hail. Just watch it...bang bang bang. So what happened next he took me back to where my car was and I jumped out of the truck said, thank you, I had a good time and said, ok bye. (Insert your laughter here, because I know you’re dying to laugh at me.) Has this happened to anyone else before? I sure hope I’m not the only one. Sad to say this isn’t the first time this has happened to me. You’ll have to wait for my next entry to find out what happened the time before. I hope you had fun taking instructions from me on how you should react(nod your head, you had fun! Do it!) I hope I didn’t become too bossy and you enjoyed yourself. This was for my sister! Love ya Dawn, Holla Holla!! Ok, until next time, Peace Out.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Is there gonna be a second date?

Anonymous said...

Hail! Hail! The gang's all here!
What the heck do we care!
What the heck do we care!

It was indeed a pleasure reading YOUR blog out loud to YOU (and putting in the right tones and inflection where commanded) Followed up by a snack (ya I know I did that one out of sequence)!

Thank goodness for trees, so that you didn't get "stoned" on your "date"!

white girl said...

hahahahahahaha

I love it when you are bossy in your blog. It totally worked, hey? Just like we thought it would when we were talking on the phone. We have ingenius plans. IN. GENIUS.

Uh oh. Grace is upstairs with Corrie and Gabriel. I just heard Corrie say, "Nooooo..." in a very exasperated way. And now doors are shutting. And the baby is crying. I must stop typing and go upstairs. I must. Stop. Typing.

Must.

Go.

Help.

Oh wait, everything is okay now.

TyGuy said...

Nice, I wanted to see that movie. Oh well.

Lauren said...

Michelle, you are my hero. I wanna go a date and not know I'm on a date, it'd be such a way to relieve all the expectations!

Sheila said...

"I like it lots. So when do I move in? heehee."(Michelle's own confession on her sister's blog). It is official....you Michelle are moving home. We got it in writing.

Followers