Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's been so long

Wow, it feels like forever since I’ve written anything. What have I been up to you ask? Well, a lot of things but not writing it down. So because my memory is sometimes hiding on me this entry may be jumping around a bit. That said, how are you?
Last week I got tired of waiting for my friend to come and fix my computer for me so I said, I’ll just do it. I opened up the side of the computer with my handy dandy screwdriver and looked inside. That’s when I said, outloud to my cat, I have no idea what I’m looking at. Have you ever looked inside your computer? It’s full of thing-a-ma-bobs and doodads. I was like, ok, I have some ram and it’s going in. So I looked until I found something that looked the same. I found it, but it was in a really awkward spot. So I was like, thank goodness for small hands. I reached and kranked and it wouldn’t go into the slot that I knew it wanted to be in. It finally went in somewhat so I put the computer back together and hooked it up and pressed the on button. Nothing. No screen no sound, nothing. So I was like, well that was wrong lets try again. So I tried again, nothing. So I put it back to how it was before and it turned on but it was still stinkin’ slow. It had 62 or 64 ram in it. Not enough to do anything really. So what did I do? I phoned my brother. He talked me through it step by step. First I had to take out the screw at the front of the computer(I didn’t even know it was there) and then I could slide everything forward creating a clear view of the ram spot. (Who knew). Then he told me I had to flick the white thingy’s up and put the ram in perfectly and press down until the white thingy’s came down and snapped it in place. Eureka. It worked. Now I have more ram in my computer....does it still freeze up? Yes, but it does it a lot quicker. I felt so smart that day. I fixed my computer with my brothers help. Woo hoo!!! I can do it...I’m the little engine that could. Choo Choo.
Lets see what else has happened since I last wrote in here. My foot is about 89% better. Yay!! I can walk and look normal, well, I don’t have a limp...lol....normal? That might be stretching it. Oh, I know what I can tell you about. My friend Mike surprised me and we went and hung out for the afternoon. We went and checked out some Jetta’s at the car dealership. I went inside the one I was really looking at seriously. Well, lets just say I’m glad I didn’t get it. First, I went into this place not even a month ago and asked them how much they were asking for it. They told me 5000 dollars. Then when Mike asked on this day they told him 4500. How rude. Just cause I’m a chick it goes up 500 dollars?? Anyways, so we went and sat in the car. The first thing I noticed were the locks were weird. I had a hard time unlocking it. Then when we were in, Mike couldn’t open the door from the inside. Haha. sucker...he’s was stuck. Then I couldn’t find the glove box. Usually a glove box is in front of the passenger right? Well, this car didn’t even have a glove box. I put my seat back and crawled into the backseat. Mike was like, what are you doing? I told him, I’m looking for the glove box. haha. He said, I could have just gotten out and went through the back door, it was 4 door. I was told him that’s what everyone would expect me to do...but I wanted to go this way. haha. I like to keep him on his toes because it’s fun. After this I opened my door to check out the trunk. I was nice and I let Mike out too. It was a huge trunk...big enough for a couple of bodies. Oops, I mean it was really big. Then I got back into the drivers seat and closed the door. That’s when the side mirror fell off and broke on the ground. There were so many parts on this car that were glued back on. Glued! So funny. Needless to say I was very happy with my car when I got back in.
Well, that’s all I’m going to write for now. I will update again soon. Sorry I’ve slacked off so bad. I promise not to be so lazy from now on. :) Until next time. Peace Out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot!! A posting!!
Glad you phoned to tell me to look!
I was sure I was going to have a birthday before you updated again!
You are now a computer technician and can fix your friend's computers for a nominal fee or ice cream. LOL
Used cars can be a land mine....in
some cases the former owner traded it before it died. Sort of like if you knew your clutch was dying and
went and traded it in quick. Another sucker...I mean customrer sees it and falls in love with it and they sell it to them. Only to find out next week major failure.
Sad but true. Oh well...thanks for updating your blog! :)

Lauren said...

YAY! Well, you have an exciting sort of life Michelle. I am super proud of you, fixing your own computer! I could never do that. I'm pretty sure walking without a limp qualifies as normal. I'm glad you didn't buy that car. It reminds me of being here and how every price goes up because you're white.

Sheila said...

HAPPY EASTER Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!

Now time to post!

~M said...

What?!?! No crazy cat moment???

Sheila said...

Sooooooooo like you have time to comment on other blogs, but no time for your blogging fans?

Michelle said...

I started to write an entry and my computer froze and lost it....again. So it will be up probably tomorrow!

Lauren said...

MICHELLE! DID YOU FALL DOWN A CYBER SPACE BLACK HOLE!?

Followers