Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Here at the Future Shop,.....Again.

Hey there everyone. I'm at the Future Shop again. This won't be a very long post though. I pretty much just wanted to say a hearty hello because it's been a while. Don't worry, I'm still alive. I can walk again. Yay!!! I prayed for it and the next day it was feeling soooo much better. Yay for prayer. Anywho, all I have to really say is that the Bangles got it right when they sang the song "Manic Monday". I think the last 3 mondays have come with nothing but adventure. And not the fun pick your own adventure kind. It's more like, hey what can we do to Michelle today to get a reaction? haha. I like to play jokes on people to see their reaction but whomever is doing this to me isn't picking the nice jokes. Lets just say that my car has broken down 3 times. The first two you heard about. And then yesterday...tada it was Monday yesterday, it broke down AGAIN! But it was an easy fix and cheap it didn't cost a thing. However, it just put one of those upside down smiles on my face. But it all turned out ok so I have nothing to complain about right? Well, other than that there isn't really all that much going on. I remember saying to Steven, oh that's funny I'll have to blog about it..but I don't remember what it was so I can't even share that with you. But let me tell you, it was funny and I think it would have made you all laugh. So you should just insert laugh here.
I have this one customer that always comes into the restaurant and he challenges me on my faith EVERY day. Lately he's been asking me how I can serve a God who kills people in the thousands for using thier freewill. First he gives us freewill and then punishes us for using it. (He's talking about Sarah and Abraham's city..I can't remember how to spell it so I'm not going to try). And every time I would say something he would argue this point. Honestly it's really exhausting talking to him because he switches everything I say around on me. Why do I continue to talk to him about it? Because I think he is searching and searching hard. Most people stop talking to him and I have one of those personalities that I'm drawn to those type of people. Right mr. cowboy hat at Arby's in Kelowna? haha. (If you're wondering about that it's just that there was this really grumpy man that would come into Arby's everyday and I was determined to get him to smile. For a year and a half I served him every time I worked and every time I would get the same, money on the counter and walk away with his coffee with a frown on his face. A Year and a half people. Finally one day he cracked. And he smiled back at me. By the time I left that job I had him telling me jokes and we would both laugh together. Everyone else though got the same grumpy man that he had been to me before. So I say, perseverance and a little get in their face until they crack goes a long way..haha. So back to my customer I'm dealing with now. It's hard to talk with him and I just really wanted to vent. Ok, well, I think this gentleman behind me wants to look at the computer I'm using so until next time. Bye for now.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Gotta love future shop. I think thats super awesome that you have this guy around to talk to, and the things you're saying to him are probably chipping away into a crack! Hehe. I know what it's like though, everyday of school in the cafeteria these were my conversations. It's cool though when that day comes that they stop turning around what you say, and actually agreeing with you.
As for the foot, maybe you're right with the sympathy pains, cause mine felt better then too. Whoa!

Anonymous said...

Blogger demos at Future Shop...WTG!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michelle, I remember that guy at Arby's. Once you got him smiling, he would smile for me too...you're the best!! Keep working on the guy at the restaurant...you never know when something you say will hit home and he will come around. And then there are the guys who just want to make life miserable for you at any cost. Keep up the faith...Love you, Mom

Sheila said...

Okay so are you "DEAD or ALIVE"? We have not heard or read anything new on your blog for like a hundred years.

Maybe?just maybe? you have an exciting social life and it keeps you sooooooooo busy that you don't have time for your blogger fans? I am jealous.

Maybe?just an idea? Your customer that challenges you about God and free-will,has kidnapped you?

Or........your Barbie Jeep...has broken down.....and you are stranded in the middle of no where? Perhaps I should send out a search party to find you and bring you back to safety?

"Please Jesus keep our Michelle safe and bring her back to us bloggers. Amen."

Anonymous said...

You said you were going to update this blog!!! WAITING!!!

Lauren said...

Michelle I have made plans for us okay? Without consulting you whatsoever. We're moving in with Brenda and Jonathan, and then when Corrie and Dawn move back we can crash their place. They don't know about this yet either. I'm just mooching my way back into BC. It's great. And you're going to join me okay? Because you have a license and are a good kind of crazy. And now, now I would like a blog post. I need to hear your...mind.

Followers