Friday, March 10, 2006

WHO WALKED IN THE DOOR? Segement #2 (if you haven't read Segment #1 yet I encourage you to do that first and don't be afraid to leave a comment)

Alright, where did we leave off. See I was holding the suspense so that you people would comment more but instead I have the most patient audience and you all wait quietly. Ok, so in walked this guy, his name is Chris. I had met him previous to this day at Wendy’s. He was sitting all alone so I invited him to sit with my friend and I. At the time he was so happy to sit with someone and talk, but thought it was weird. But hey, that’s who I am. haha. So here I am standing in line at blockbuster getting ready to pay for my rental(CSI-fifth season) and Chris walks in. I smiled at him and waved(Brandon is very small town so this is not unusual). He came over to me and asked how do I know you? I was like, well, we had lunch together one time at Wendy’s and I’ve served you and your girlfriend at Humpty’s but I don’t work there any more. He was like, oh, do you have time to go for coffee and talk. I was like sure. So we went for a walk and talked. He was really confused about where his life was going. If he wanted to be with his girlfriend any more. And those sorts of things. So I just listened. We talked for over an hour. In there I told him that I was a christian. As soon as he heard that at first he was like oh, you’re a “CHRISTIAN”. I was like, yep. But I could tell he was really uneasy about that. I think he was waiting for me to push it in his face. But when I didn’t he started to ask questions. Anyways, by the end of our conversation I asked him if he ever wanted to go to church or young adults that he’s more than welcome. But that’s where it left off. So cool though. Also during our conversation he kept asking me if his appearance bothered me. I was like nope. But he kept asking me. Finally he asked me why it didn’t(he’s gothic) and I said because I look past the exterior. It doesn’t matter if your a goth or a skater or a prep, you’re still a person and I can tell you’re hurting. Anyways, this was such a cool experience. He’s a super nice guy and I hope everything works out for him.
After that I came home and watched some CSI. It was a good time. Me and my icecream. :) But what comes next we’ll hold off until the next post!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Michelle is my new herooooo! Man that is so cool, I hope you guys keep talking and everything, cause it sounds like you've impacted this guy. Isn't it funny how people react when they hear the word christian? I love it

Sheila said...

COMMENT

Anonymous said...

Michelle, glad to hear you are keeping up your standards. It gets easier and easier as you live your life for Christ. I love your stories...keep up the faith. Love Mom

Lauren said...

Hey Michelle? Where have you gone...I miss you, I feel so seperated from you!! I guess it hasn't been that long but it feels like too long since you've posted...I need you!

Followers