Monday, April 24, 2006

You wanted it, you got it...a new post

Hey there. To answer your question Lauren, I did not fall into a deep black cyber hole. In fact I have been napping a lot. But starting tomorrow morning I’m starting something new. I am really excited about it. I went and found out all the information and I think it’s a plan I can really stick too. What is it you ask? It’s aqua fit. Do you know what that is? It’s a fitness class in water. How fun. I have done it once before when I lived in Kelowna. And it’s hard but so fun. I’m so pumped about it.
Two weeks ago at youth group we had this really cool Easter egg hunt. It was a driving one and at each stop we had a reflection excercise to do. It was really cool. And after the reflection thingy we would search for an Easter egg. So fun. I meant to take my camera with me to take pictures of it, but I forgot it. So there aren’t any pictures for me to share with you. Sorry, my bad. haha. When we were leaving one of the reflection spots Katie was getting back into my car(I had the roof off) and she was just going to hop back into it (not using the door). Well, she lost her footing and instead of hopping back into the car she ran into the side of it. After I found out she was ok the two of us just laughed. It was sooooo funny. (By the number of o’s on the word so I have made it clear that it was halarious).
Ok, I have a question. I took myself out on a date last week. I went down to where the water dam is and set out a blanket and read my book and had my discman with me. The three of us relaxed together and enjoyed the sound of the water and the sunset glowing over the river. My question is, does this make me insane? I had a great time but every time I tell someone what I did they give me this sad little look or a look of complete horror. I didn’t think this was such a horrorific activity. I need your input, please leave a comment on your view of dating yourself.
I am so excited about my sister coming back to Canada. I can’t wait to see them in less than two weeks. How exciting is that. I haven’t seen them all for almost a year. That’s too long for an aunty to go without seeing her niece and nephew. But I’ve gotten them some really cool Christmas presents. Why Christmas presents? Well, because they are moving back to Canada silly. And it would have been counter productive to send them Christmas presents there just to have them pack them up(or sell them) and bring them back here. But I tell everyone about them coming back and even people who don’t know me seem excited for me. Maybe because I give them no choice but to be excited. haha.
*Crazy Cat Lady Moment*
Alright from popular demand I have brought back the crazy cat lady moment. I will tell you about my Easter weekend through this moment. You’re probably thinking, Michelle, this moment is not about you and I don’t argue, honest. This story is really about my crazy cat who thinks she’s a dog. When I took her out to my mom’s place for Easter dinner my mom warned me that everyone was bringing their dogs out. She was worried about how my cat would be and how the other dogs would react. This would be a normal concern if we were dealing with a normal cat. However, since day one my cat has thought of herself as a dog. Which makes me happy because I’m a dog person. Ok, so I brought my cat out to her house and PB(Puss in Boots) has met my mom’s dog, Jessie, before. In fact they are pretty good friends.(Weird). When I got there Shauna(my cousin) was already there with her dog, molly. At first PB just stayed up stairs. Then my Uncle Darryl got there with his dog, Cybal (his dog is big) and then my other uncle Ernie got there with his dog....I’m blanking on the name. Well, PB got sick of being upstairs so she ventured downstairs to hand out with the dogs. When they would run up to her she would just stand there and let them approach her. Once they were nose to nose and checked each other out they were fine. It was so strange to see. Then later in the evening all the dogs were hungry and thirsty and even I wouldn’t go near there food. But this fearless cat that I have wasn’t only around them but squirmed her way under them and headed up to the bowl. Have you ever gone near a dog when they are eating? The normal response, I would no because I use to torment my pug, is growling and snarling of teeth. With a cat going not only near their food, not even just under them, but eating out of their bowl at the same time they are??? Guts man, my cat’s got guts. It didn’t even get a response out of the dogs. It was like she was accepted as one of their own. I could go on about how my cat is more like a dog, but I have to save some info for future crazy cat lady moments.
Well, I think I’ve bombarded you with enough 411 for the moment. So until next time. Peace Out.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

What a relief man, totaly thought you had falled down a cyber black hole and that I was never going to read you again! Sounds like we both had a pretty animal easter. Although yours was dogs and mine was elephants. Man, I remember that pug dog! He was so cute, didn't he snort a lot? Haha anyway, say aloha to your mom for me

Anonymous said...

Wow Michelle, it took a very long time to find your words!! We certainly did have a good Easter hey. I love your cat..she does like to leave her mark on people!! I think the dating yourself thing is awesome...nothing like getting along with the person you are dating...and who better to get along with than yourself. It sounds like you had a great time and that's all that's important. Love you, Mom

white girl said...

I don't think dating yourself is creepy, maybe just your terminology. Usually people just say that they are taking some "me time". But dating yourself, yeah, that works too. ;)

How many more sleeps until I see you?

~M said...

I agree with Dawn. The actual act of sitting somewhere beautiful and reading/listening to music....not weird. Calling it dating yourself....a little weird.

Followers