Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Going back in time: Kiwi's Birthday party

Hi blogging world.  I am in fact still alive.  I have been busy this summer and therefore no blog updates. I am in fact procrastinating from my to do list for today even though it's a fun to do list.  Go figure.  I am in the process of redoing a kids table.  I have primed it and started painting.  The colours are fun for a kids playroom and I am excited for the finished product, once it's complete I will add pictures and you can see for yourself if you approve or not.  If you don't, just think,  you don't have to live with it.  

I guess I never did say anything about Kiwi's birthday party on here.  Wow that was 3 months ago already.  He's such a talkative little fella now.  He's also very exploratory.  I love to watch him discover things.  He's so funny.  Yesterday he kept practicing making funny faces.  He would wink or drop his jaw open like he was surprised and make a huge smile afterwards.  When he winks it almost appears like he's in pain. It's so funny!!  

Kiwi had a jungle themed birthday party and it turned out really cute.  It took a lot of time to set up but I think the end product was super cute.  I am biased though so what do I know. I made a kids table with a table cloth, each kid had their own animal mask.  We started the party with a craft. Painting an animal sun catcher.  After that was done we played a game of duck duck goose. Then we had some lunch.  I had renamed the food into jungle themed names.  We had noodle salad: Hankuna ma pasta, Potato salad: Grub Salt and vinager chips: Alligator flakes, Ketchup chips: Crocodile Teeth, Hamburgers: Hyena cakes, Hot dogs: Hot snakes, Cheetos: Cheeta treats, Veggies and dip:  Hungry Hippo dip, Animal crackers: animal crackers, Fruit skewers: Giraffe legs, Banana chips: monkey chips.  We also had beverages, we had two types of juice: Jungle juice, water: The water hole and pop: swamp scum.  It was fun coming up with the names although this took me the longest out of all preparations, haha.  My creative juice had run out by the time I thought it would be clever to come up with names for everything.  After we had our lunch I brought out Kiwi's smash cake.  I had made a chocolate bear cake for him to go crazy on. He did rip off the ear but he was much to gentle.  Not much of a mess was made.  Then I brought out the birthday cake.  I had made each of the kids their own special cupcake (Kiwi destroyed that and ended up having to have a bath afterwards before the party could continue).  We sang happy Birthday and then we divided the other cake up for the adults to partake in the cake eating as well.  After cake I gave Kiwi a quick bath and then we came back down and opened presents. After the presents were opened we set up the pinata and the kids had a blast trying to bust it open.  It was so much fun to watch!  That was the end of the party.  It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun! I am already planning on next years party.  I already have the theme picked out.  Should be fun!  Here are some photos from W's 1st Birthday.  


Table with the fixings and grub.  The balloons are suppose to make it look like a tree above the table.  




Every month since Kiwi was born I took a picture of him with this bear and then I displayed all 12 photos above the bear for the party.



Between activities the kids had free play time - the train table was a hit

Smash cake time

Giraffe cake

Kids eating their special animal cupcakes while we sang Happy Birthday to Kiwi

Eating his cupcake, more like smashing it.

Opening presents

Kiwi's turn to hit the Lion piñata

No comments:

Followers