Saturday, November 22, 2008

T's engagement party

I need to really crunch down and finish my homework. I have 10 summaries to write on my 10 observations that I did over a six week period. It's not hard work, just time consuming and I really want it to just miraculously do itself so I can do the fun part of putting it together.

It also doesn't help that I haven't seen my B (my boyfriend...his nickname is B and in order to protect his privacy that's how I will refer to him) in a week. Not only that we haven't had a conversation that has lasted more than 10 minutes in that week. So I will post a picture of us that will cheer me up. :) I hope you have some enjoyment from it as well.

Today I woke up a little late (9 am) and started in on my homework. The first part of my project was already done (the observations) and I was determined to have the second part of my project done before leaving the house. The second part was the highlighting part. I had to go through all 10 observations and highlight the different types of development that I could see. It is divided into 4 parts....physical/social-emotional/moral and cognitive. Anyways, who knew that highlighting could take 2 hours to complete? As soon as I was done I got ready to go out to B's aunts house. His brother has just gotten engaged and the girls were holding an engagement party for T (the soon to be bride).

When I arrived it started out real casual. Hangin' around eatin veggies and crackers with spread. We talked about their wedding plans and girlie things. Then the homemade turtle cheesecake that B's aunt made made its debut. And let me tell you it was delicious. Had I been thinking I would have take a picture of it. I thought I was eating it too fast, not savoring it long enough until someone mentioned that I was the slowest eater..haha. At least it wasn't like my friend Pam's 10th birthday party when the activities continued with me still eating at the table. As soon as the plates were put away B's mom announced that it was time for initiation. Both T and I looked at each other (seeing as both of us had never been to one of these events with B's family before we both didn't know what was coming). B's mom ran downstairs and returned with not one but two packages of stick on tattoos. We proceeded to put not just a couple, but all of the tattoos on T. There was a lot of laughter and fun to be heard in the room. It even drew B's male cousin to come and check out the action...in which he was sent back downstairs.
After all the fun we realized that the time was now 4:30 and was time to dismantle the party. On our way out to the car T told me she scared now to think what's to come in the future if that was just the engagement party. She was/is such a great sport. Work your new look T (until you have a shower). Congratulations A & T!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm leaving myself a comment so that others may follow and do the same. When I see comments it gives me hope and inspiration because it lets me know that there are people actually reading it. You know? Plus I like to hear feedback...so for now, it will be my own. haha.

Sheila said...

I'm related to you? Must I admit that in public?

Will you have your own initiation to celebrate soon?

Huh? Huh? Tell me more?!!!

Anonymous said...

Did she have tattoos on her face? When is the wedding date?

I miss you! And I'm glad that you are writing again!

Michelle said...

Nope no tattoos on her face. We kept it so it would be covered by her clothes because she had to go to her sister's birthday party right after. They're planning on getting married at the end of June or early July.

Followers