Thursday, June 28, 2007

What's Under Your Hood!!!

Ok, so today as I left the house in direction of work I heard a strange noise when I touched my brakes. I was like, geez, what now? But didn't have the time to really contemplate the noise. After my shift was over I left with a huge smile on my face. I was determined to brake in my Rollerblades for the first time this season. (Let's just say that Kelowna's sidewalks and roads are a lot smoother than in Manitoba). I had a great time. I went for about an hour the whole time with a goofish looking smile plastered across my face. I pretended I was on skis and went side to side. I would be one of those people that get made fun of but I didn't care. I was having fun. When I got back to my car I took off my skates and jumped up and down. If you've never done that I encourage you to. Your legs feel strange after you take off your skates and then when you jump they feel ultra weird. It's awesome. So I put my shoes on and waited for the guy who insisted on going before me but was now looking for something and not driving just sitting behind me so I couldn't back up, to go I just played with the tunes on my stereo. Then I heard the noise again. I was like, geez that doesn't sound right. So instead of waiting for Mr. I gotta go nowhere fast, I popped the hood. When I lifted the hood there was a tail of something that went running down. My fist instinct was to poke it with a stick. I think I've been on facebook too long...I just gotta poke everyone and everything. haha. But the poor thing got stuck. I didn't know what to do so I ran over to a guy who was just getting into his car. I asked him if he had a cell phone and he said no. So I ran to the next person I saw...still no luck her cell phone was dead. Then I ran down to these two girls on the beach. They had a cell phone I could use. I called animal control and they told me to just poke it with a stick. Wow...thanks a lot! haha. So I went back to my car and poked the thing. Then I saw what it was stuck on and helped it get free. Finally it was free..but it wouldn't leave. It wanted to stay. I was telling it "You can't stay, you have to go". "You can't make this your home, it's my car!" I guess it wasn't fluent in English because it just wouldn't leave. It was a mean looking thing. It's called a Marmot. I don't know what that is, but it's bigger than a squirrel and smaller than a raccoon. Kind of like a huge gopher. It hissed at me a few times too. That's when I got mad at it and yelled! I yelled, "Don't you hiss at me, this is my car!!! You weren't here first I've had this car for 7 years!!!" The people around me were laughing at me. I was like, well I have! haha. Finally the thing got poked one too many times and ran off. Right under the wheels of the car that had all the curious children in it. The car was moving. It didn't die, it just ran off injured. I sure wish Animal Control had come down. Good luck little buddy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only you Michelle! At least life is never boring! :)

Michelle said...

What life throws at me to get me to update my blog eh? haha

Sheila said...

Michelle aka Dr. Doolittle.

I am surprised the kritter wasn't cooked onto your rad.

Sheila said...

UPDATE.........dying to hear more of your crazy server experiences.

See you in a few sleeps.

Followers