Monday, December 18, 2006

Countdown Central

What's up? I'm in countdown heaven here in Kelowna. Not only do I have one countdown for Christmas but I have four on the go. I did have five but one of them ended today. We have 7 more glorious sleeps until Christmas day. I have 9 more sleeps until my family Christmas. Only 13 more sleeps until the new year. So that means that there is only 12 more sleeps until New Years Eve. The countdown that ended today was how many more sleeps until I get to start my training for becoming a server. I don't think the serving manager knows that I have 6 years experience in serving because he acts as though I'm completly new to the whole scene. Whatever, I'll just look like a really fast learner. haha. I'm ok with that. They will think I'm really smart and witty! Little do they know that I'm really smart and witty. Oh shoot...that's the same thing.
Last night I wrote one of the big tests that they have you write before you can start serving on your own. I was just busy writing it in the corner when one of the bartenders asked me what I was doing. I told him and he was like and you waited until now to ask for help? I was like what? He told me that they all help eachother through the test. The bartender was also surprised that I didn't have a menu beside me helping me out. I guess I'm just too freakin' honest. But I did get him to help me out with four questions. These were questions that weren't in the reading so I had no clue what the answers could be. But I'm pretty confident that I did well on it. I kind of feel like I'm back in school...having to learn stuff and write tests..heehee. I'm sixteen again!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Serving @ Kelsey's. CONGRATS Michelle!!!!

Anonymous said...

16? You're only 10.
Here's your kid's menu and crayons!
Welcome to Denny's!
:P

Michelle said...

Boo!!!! That's just mean. I stepped into a Denny's on Saturday night. The first time in a building with that name since Flordia 1997! That's right people I boycotted it for almost a decade. This time though I didn't receive the kids menu... Mommy Wow, I'm a grown up now!

TyGuy said...

Hope you having fun with serving and all. Have a good Christmas and a happy new year and come back some time we all miss yeah.

Followers