Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My weekend Adventures Part 2

So I left off telling you that Dawn and I were going out on the town. We were heading towards a birthday party. On the way there Dawn laughed and said that every time she goes down this one street she is reminded of what I said about it. You see to me it seems like a street that I wouldn't ever go down because it doesn't look like it goes any where. But she likes to take this route to go into downtown Vancouver...Who would have known. If it was me driving I totally wouldn't have gone that way. But I also don't live there and I would most likely get us lost so it's a good thing she was driving. Anyways, when we got to the restaurant Dawn prayed that God would open up a parking spot that she could just drive into instead of parallel park. Well people, he answers prayers. So we parked and headed over towards the restaurant. Just as we started walking it started to rain. So we ran. When we got to the restaurant nobody was there yet so we were going to call them. But Dawn realized then that she forgot her phone in the car. So she ran back to the car to get it. Oh yeah, on our run to the restaurant we ran into a guy who asked us for some money so he could stay at a hostel. So I gave him a loonie because that's all I had and apparently he didn't take debit(I asked) and Dawn gave him the rest that he needed. So awesome of her. Anyways, back to the birthday party thingy. When Dawn got back from the car she pulled me out of the restaurant and told me that they changed their minds and location of the party. So we walked to the new destination. When we got there we were greeted by the birthday girl and a few of her friends(and sister). She explained that they couldn't seat us until half of the party was there. As we waited(for a whole 5 minutes) the hostess' gave away one our tables. So now instead of having 3 tables for 15 people we now had 2 tables for 15 people...Not going to work. So understandably the birthday girl was upset. She had been there for 40 minutes already waiting to guarantee a table and within the last 5 minutes they gave away one of her tables(they don't take reservations at this restaurant). So 15 of us squeezed into a place meant for only 10 until another table kitty corner from us opened up. So 10 of them went and sat over there while the other 5 of us sat at the original table. It was still a lot of fun though. Our waitress did a great job. I ordered the diva salad. And when I ordered it I did the criss cross snap motion...That's right people I'm a diva(at least when I eat salad). It was soo yummy though. It had dried cranberries which was my favorite part. I use to hate cranberries until I was about 23 and then I tried them at a place called "Lady of the Lake" in Brandon on my turkey sandwich and since that moment I could put them on almost any thing. So good. Anyways, it was a really great salad. At the end of the meal we all sat around and talked and had a great time getting to know eachother.
At the very end the waitress came over and asked us if anyone had used valet parking. A few of us had and she said she would get the cars ready so that we wouldn't have to wait outside in the rain. In other words we were getting kicked out. This wouldn't have been such a big deal to me normally because we had been sitting there for a long time after we were done but we were still with the other table that was still eating. People, just because we aren't sitting together any more because of your stupid giving away tables doesn't mean that we are now two parties. It's still one birthday party. Needless to say I was very unimpressed with the hostessing staff.
We then went back to Dawn and Corrie's house and relaxed and talked about the evening.
The next morning I headed back to Kelowna, I wanted to beat any kind of extreme weather that might be coming. And according to the news it was a good thing I did. Apparently there was a mud slide that I missed by coming home early in the day. Yay!!! Until next time peeps, peace out.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What? Are you people afraid to comment. I know you're probably reading this comment because it's fun to see what people write back to the persons story, but ha, it's just me commenting on my own blog about how everyone is avoiding leaving a comment. How sad is that. I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't update my blog until I had a comment...but since nobody is leaving one I had to leave myself a comment just so I could update my blog with knowing that my expectation of having one comment was achieved. Now I'm just rambling on and on. I am now officially nuts.

~M said...

You are nuts. But that's ok. And I'm curious to know what restaurant you went to.

Michelle said...

Thanks for commenting Michelle.(not me the other Michelle). I'm so glad that you're not afraid. Oh, and the restaurant was Joey's on Broadway.

white girl said...

Hiiiiiiiiiiii Michelle.

Followers