Sunday, November 12, 2006

Embarassment 101

Ok, so even though I made two out of three comments on my last blog post I still technically still received one. So with that said I am now able to update my blog with a clear conscience. So I'm going to tell you a couple of embarrassing stories just to put a smile on your face. I'm going to start with the one about the guy at the door. This just happened the other day so it's very fresh in my mind.
This young lad came to the door and rang the doorbell. I was sitting in the family room watching tv and got up and ran to the door. As soon as I opened the door I shouted at the guy thinking it was either my brother or one of his friends. I shouted "WE DON'T HAVE ANY MORE CANDY NOW LEAVE US ALONE!!!!" At this the young lad replied, "Can you please sign this?" That's right people he was just delivering a package. I was so embarrassed and tried back peddling. I told him that I'm not really a crazy person I just thought that he was one of my brother's friends. He didn't seem to really care, he just wanted to get away from me as quickly as possible. I can't say that I blame him.
Today was a good day for blog material. Two stories came out of today. If my brother had a blog he too would have a great material day. Maybe I'll use his wonderful/tragic stories to enhance my blog updates. Hmm...I think my brain cell is working. Ok, so do you want to hear my stories from today? How about I tell them to you then. The first one is something that looking back on I should have said, ok that's a great sign of how the rest of my night is going so maybe I should go home and stay there. But no I didn't listen to that little voice. Instead I said I am here let me work. My boss asked me to go to the store to pick up some Clamato juice. He needed 4 of the really big ones. I was like, sure. So I went. When I was walking out of the store a penny kept falling out of the bag. I thought this is weird but I'm just going to keep going. My car isn't very far away. So I got to the car no problem. When I got back to work I pulled the two bags of juice out of my car. Just then one of the bags broke. I was like, oh dear. So I put them down gently before the bag completely broke. I rebalanced them and took two steps. Just then the other bag broke. I was like what is going on here. So now I'm balancing four bottles of juice and my purse. Can we say awkward?? While I was working on getting balanced out I heard a guy across the parking lot yell at his friend to come and see. I sure hope he wasn't watching me struggle. I finally reached the door and one of the guys I work with offered to help me. What an angel. What kind of store gives you such flimsy bags?
My second story is a lot more embarrassing than that. Tonight was really busy. Every seat was taken and I had a line up at the door. One of the servers came and asked me if I could help him clean up a mess he made. He dropped two glasses of ice tea and there was ice everywhere. So I cleaned up one handful and went back for the second handful of ice. When I came back though I slipped on a piece of ice that had escaped my hand on the first trip and slipped and fell on my knee and was left lying on the floor in the entry way. Yes people, sprawled out. I heard a lady ask me if I was ok. I was like, yep. Then she asked me if I was sure, I replied nope. Then she asked me again, are you ok. I said, yeah I'm just going to walk it off. I headed to the back of the restaurant and I don't know if it was embarrassment or pain or maybe both but suddenly I started crying. I ran into the washroom and closed the door. I looked at myself in the mirror and asked out loud, why I am crying??? Then I lifted up my pant leg and realized that I had done a number on my knee. So I tried composing myself but my eyes were still red and I headed back to the front of the restaurant to clean up the rest of the water so nobody else would wipe out. The whole time with my eyes on the floor so no one would see that I had been crying. I got to the front and cleaned up with nobody noticing...whew. But I say slip and slide is for outside only! And not on concrete. The first thing that went through my head when it happened though was not oh my goodness everyone has just seen this...but now I know how ice skaters feel when they wipe out on ice...and I only had a cube of it. I think something is seriously wrong with me to think of jokes while trying to cling onto life. Ok, maybe that was a little dramatic. Ah, let's just go with that. So I hope you're having a better day!

4 comments:

white girl said...

Oh, Michelle! That is awful falling in front of people! I hope that your knee is getting better.

Poor deliver man. I bet he put a warning out to the rest of the delivery men, "The crazy is back." haha

~M said...

wow. 2 comments already. obviously time for another post.

Anonymous said...

Slow down and LIVE!

Michelle said...

I didn't knock out any teeth...so I think I'm making a vast improvement.

Followers