Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Unfortunate Events

Have you ever had an incident where you walk away blown away from the lack of communication? How about when you try to clear things up and it just blows up in your face? Let's just say that this happened on the weekend with some friends of ours. Hoping to walk away with a closer friendship it seems we have walked away without one at all. Very saddening to say the least.

I understand that feelings on the other side were hurt. That in itself is unfortunate, however when the apology was made it was unheard. There was interrupting that occurred throughout the conversation which resulted in not being heard out. This just really gets to me because had it been heard out instead of assumed what was going to be said there could have been reconciliation.

I want to make it very clear that in no way am I afraid of my husband. We have a very healthy relationship. I find his jokes funny even though others might portray it to be cutting, I'm just as dry and sarcastic. I realize that we have to cut that down in public because it can be over-heard as different than what it really is. I believe if you have an issue with someone you should go to that person and work it out. I believe that if you have an issue with someone it means more coming from you when telling them that feelings were hurt because coming from anyone else wouldn't have as much impact because it wasn't their feelings that were hurt. That is what I was trying to say and I believe I was misunderstood as saying that I am not able to talk to my husband.

Needless to say, but I will say it, I was shocked and saddened by how the evening went. I felt as though it wasn't all said that needed to be said, but what was the point, it wasn't being heard. I think what was really sad was when it was stated that "our friendship wasn't that strong anyways." and that one was willing to "sacrifice the friendship". This was extremely hurtful to me. I place a lot of value in the friendships I make, even if they're brand new. I don't invest my time in just anyone, I'm very selective in who I let in. I may appear as an extrovert but I am truly an introvert. I don't open up to just anyone and to hear that my friendship wasn't as valued made me take a step back and realize that I need to stop investing if it's not worth it to the other person.

Depressing blog post eh? Sorry to put such a damper on the sunshine but it's a reality that I am facing right now. I am just sad that it ended that way. That we left the table unresolved.

Until next time
Michelle

No comments:

Followers