Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's day is a day to reflect and be thankful for all the mama's in our lives.  I have one very special Mom as well as a great Mother in law. I am very very thankful for their loving, kind and supportive natures.  I am also thankful for the other ladies in my life that have taken on the nurturing roll as a role model in my life representing that as a Mom to turn to for support when my own Mom might not have been readily accessible. (My best friends' Mom, my young adult pastor, even one of my managers at a restuarant I worked at).  

I am also aware that today can bring sadness and pain to some.  For some it's a stinging reminder of losing their Mom. It may also be a crippling reminder of not yet being a mother.  3 years ago I knew this first hand.  I was in my 3rd round of failed infertility treatment. I had just had a misscarriage in February and I could barely bring myself out of bed on Mother's Day.  I just didn't feel I had it in me to face the day.  (The hormones that they pump into you also make you feel a little crazy in the head and you almost feel out of control of your own emotions).  I remember that day having to leave the service at church because I was just so upset. So on this day I want to be super sensitive to those who are struggling with the not so joyous parts of Mother's day.  If that's you, I send you a virtual hug and if you even need an ear to listen please don't hesitate to call, or ask.  

Happy news on this Mother's Day.  2 of my friends who have been struggling with infertility for several years (One for 5 years and the other for 9 years - those are years people not months!!)  have announced that they are pregnant!!! I am over the moon excited for them.

Today I also reflect on my own kiddo.  Kiwi is such a blessing in life, no words can describe it, how thankful I am to get to be his Mommy.  Being a parent has its struggles at times, but it is far outweighed by the joy it brings to watch the world through a little person's eyes.  I love being a momma and every bit of hardship along the way, every sacrifice, every tear (and there were a lot!) was worth it. 

A picture of Kiwi and Sprout.  
I may be biased but this little man captures my heart with his genuine, caring nature and smile.
(I love this picture of sprout, he/she is upside down with their hands up by their head - Wee!)

A very Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies in my life.  I hope today is able to bring you happiness as you reflect and celebrate your Mom.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't write in caps, honestly it is offensive.

Anonymous said...

Cute boy by the way, hope you had a good mother's day. Nice blog (but for the caps). Stumbled into your blog from my hotel life (I believe that's what it is called). Keep up the good work will check on your blog again.

Followers