Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Kiwi is sleeping so I thought I would take this time to update my blog.  Also because last night I heard about how I hadn't updated my blog again in a long time from B.  Funny that he reads my blog when he sees me all the time.

The past while we've done a lot.  We went to the pumpkin patch with some friends (twice - different friends each time). That was a lot of fun.  We walked through the corn maze - first time for all 3 of us to ever go through a corn maze.  Than we shot apples from a sling shot. I was the only one in our group to actually hit the target.  You get 3 apples and I hit the target 2 out of 3 times!  Oh yeah!  Yes they skimmed across the ground each time but they still popped up and hit the target.  One of them even exploded as it hit :)  That made me happy.  Weird. It also reminded me of my summer at Circle Square Ranch.  They put me in charge as the archery instructor.  Um...I'm a city girl!  By the end of the summer I was called a tree hugger because in the middle of the archery station stood a tree and it had so many dings in it from being hit by the arrows.  So before each session started I would make the kids all grab hands and we would give a collective hug to the tree, after all we were at "our-tree".  Wow, did that go off on a tangent.

After the sling shot we grabbed some lunch.  Of course Kiwi wanted his lunch right than too.  It's like a server always asks a question just as you have taken a bite, a baby is always hungry just as you're about to eat.  So Kiwi had his lunch and then I had mine. After lunch we went on a hayride.  After our hayride our friends had to leave for nap time (for their kids I'm assuming).  So we stayed behind and I proceeded to take a million pictures of Kiwi with the pumpkins.  Ok, it actually ended up being just over a hundred.  













No comments:

Followers