Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My Weekend Adventures

Howdy all from our local Future Shop. I don't really have anything new and exciting to write about so I think I'll just babble for a few minutes. Aren't you lucky to come across my written babble. Welcome to the inside of my mind(a very scary place sometimes.)
On Saturday night, after work, I went over to my friend Lori's pad. It was so much fun. We played old school nintendo. We played Wheel of Fortune and of course Mario Bros. What fun. After a while of playing I went home, it was around mid-night. When I got home I was headed for bed when I came across my cross stitching. No eighty year old trapped in a 25 year old body could resist that so I stopped in my tracks threw on the movie Anne of Green Gables and went to work. At about 2:30am my phone rang. I was like who on earth is calling me at this ridiculous hour. And what am I doing answering it. haha. Well it was my friend Jeremy. He was in town until Sunday night(he's from Red Deer Alberta). He asked me if I wanted to go for coffee. I was like, now? It's almost 3am. So of course I went. First I had to pick him up and then we headed for the world famous coffee shop, known as Humpty's. At Humpty's we caught up on a bunch of stuff and then he asked me if he could go to church with me in the morning. I of course said yes but we would have to pull an all nighter. So that's what we did. At 10am I fell asleep and there was nothing going to wake me up. At about noon Jeremy called me. This was funny because I was in my room sleeping and he was in my living room, about a whole 6 1/2 feet away from me. He didn't want to come into my room(so respectful) so he phoned. I woke up to the phone, so I guess saying I wouldn't wake up for anything is a lie, because apparently I would wake up for a phone call. Anyways, he phoned to say he was going to go to his mom's house. I asked him if he wanted a ride I would get up(it was about noon at this time) . He said he could walk and that I could sleep. But that wouldn't be very nice of me so I got up and gave him a ride. I dropped him off and headed towards the church to see if there was any glimmer of hope it running late and catching the end of it. No such luck. There was nobody there and the doors were locked. Oh well. So I went home and called Lori. I asked her if she knew if there was anything going on for young adults. She told me that they were all meeting at the church at 3 and going to the lake. Awesome I'm totally going. I went to get all my stuff ready and realized that I had left my full piece bathing suit at my mom's house and there was no way I was wearing a bikini in front of the young adults. So I went to Walmart. I knew they were having a sale on their swimwear. When I got there I had less than an hour to find a swimsuit and get to the church. All you chicks know that finding a swimsuit is hard enough to do in a swimming season but an hour? Let's just say I'm the shopping and bargain queen. Not only did it only take half an hour to find but it was a good deal too! And it was flattering. YES!! So I ran home with my prize purchase secured in hand. I ran in the house cut off the tags got ready and headed out the door. And because I'm such an eager beaver I was the first to arrive.
When everyone got there we went to Safeway to pick up some snacks for the day. Then we headed out to OakLake. So much fun. The water was really gross looking but once you got your mind past that it was refreshing and warm. I don't know if it was warm because the sun had been pouring it's heat into it all week or if it was due to all the children's warm deposits. Anyways, we had a good time. After soaking in the sun and the urnine, oops I mean the lake we decided we would try our hand at lawn bowling. I've never done this before and let me tell you it was fun. I apparently got a little too competitive and starting hitting the opposition in the head with bowling balls though. In my defense it only happened one time. And I didn't mean for it to happen. I was bent down to pick up the red bowling ball(my team's color) and my friend Dave was bent down beside me picking up a green ball. I didn't realize he was bend down until I was half way up and by that time I had smacked the side of his head with my ball. I felt so bad but he told me it didn't hurt enough for him to want to kill me. After I heard that relieving news we continued on with the game. I still feel really bad about it. Those things are heavy and not forgiving. We then headed back to town and finished our really awesome day at the beach. When I got home, you would think I would head home right? Nope. Instead I went over to Ruth-Anne's house. We were looking at her brother's wedding photo's (he just got married two weeks ago) when we could hear the newly weds in the other room. We listened to their conversation a bit and it was sooooo funny. They were playing with eachother and it was cute to listen to. Then Ruth and I watched a movie and then I went to bed. The end. Peace Out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank Heaven for Future Shop!
No, wait a minute that is:
"Thank Heaven for Seven-Eleven!"
Time for a Slurpee!

Lauren said...

You should just work for Future Shop.
Your weekends sounded pretty sweet though. I'm not so sure how I could handle that lake...I was at gyro a couple weeks back and I could hardly stand the water being slightly murky.

Followers